Solar Grid Tied Inverter Vs Wind Turbine Grid Tied Inverter
1. The Wind Turbine 3 phase AC voltage has been successfully converted to DC voltage.
2. The Wind Turbine AC to DC Full Bridge rectifier converter circuit is producing the correct DC voltage range for the solar Inverter specs.
3. A Wind Turbine protection box has been built and installed to dump any wind turbine watts generated to a dump load during Grid loss.
4. The Wind Turbine DC voltage varies quicker than the DC voltage from a solar cell string.
5. The Wind Turbine has the possibility of exceeding the watt rating of the solar inverter much like installed solar strings exceed the watt rating of the solar inverter rating.
6. Inverter Efficiency is not a consideration
7. Grid Tied Inverter is used.
Is there any reason that a Solar Grid Tied Inverter with the same DC input voltage range as a wind turbine DC output Voltage range would not work using a wind turbine as the DC voltage source?
19.76kw Solar/GT Enphase IQ7+ MicroInverters
5.40kw Solar/GT ABB/Aurora 300 MicroInverters (AC coupled to Schneider/Xantrex XW6048 output)6.00kw Solar/Hybrid Xantrex XW6048 Inverter w/2 strings Trojan L-16E-AC Batteries (48VDC)
18kw Kohler Propane Generator
0 · Share on Twitter