Morningstar MPPT-45 charging problem after firmware update

Options
Jaro
Jaro Registered Users Posts: 2
Hi All,

After updating the firmware my Morningstar MPPT-45 controller stopped charging the batteries . MSView  shows the panels and batteries voltage(60V and 12.8V) but 0s for arrays or outputs. 
It starts charging when power switched off/on but only for few seconds and then is back to 0s... I have not changed anything else except the firmware update.
Anyone could help with this issue, please?

Many thanks already.

Jo

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you restart the system by hooking up the batteries first? Usually this is how the controller knows what the system voltage should be, it might think you have a 48 volt system if you hooked up the panels first.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    edited October 2018 #3
    Options
    I would also try configuring the controller (change set point by 0.1 volts, etc.) so that the controller rewrites the configuration file (sometimes files get corrupted or the old file is not interpreted correctly by the new firmware).

But this is probably a phone call to MorningStar (make your first contact a phone call--Many companies, making the first contact via the web goes into a dark hole).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset