Inverter Brand Suggestion

WandaFletcher
WandaFletcher Registered Users Posts: 5
Hi, I am looking to buy MicroSolar/aims inverter as they are priced good. I asked few of my friends but no one have used this brand. Anyone with negative feedback, if any?

I need to make a choice between MicroSolar or AIMS inverter if they both are ok to go with

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018 #2
    Both are on the low rungs of the ladder of quality, do expect noise on radios as even the pure sine waveform is not so pure, you do get what you pay for. For general purpose they may be acceptable, just don't expect perfection, that way you won't be disappointed.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.