Led strip light direct to battery

just starting
just starting Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
So I've built some lights I used a mi-light Ls2 controller and some 24v led strip cut to 1m mounted on a 1/8" X1" x4' aluminum strip, the strips are ww cw rgb and can go any color including both cool white and warm white 4 strips and controllers use about 38 watts and when off the draw is .7 watts per controller, the aluminum strip keep the leds cool to the touch. And the controllers have a wall switch and remote and can also work with a phone with a wifi controller, each light can be built for around 15-30$ depending on the quality of led strip used I paid 16$ for 5 meters of one and 83$ for 5 meters Of a better quality led the difference is negligible time will tell.
200ah LiFePO4 24v Electrodacus Sbms40 quad breaker chest freezer to fridge- Samlex PST 1524 - Samlex pst3024  - 1hp shallow well pump-Marey 4.3 GPM on demand waterheater - mama bear Fisher wood burning stove, 30" fridgarair oven ,fridegaire dishwasher  Unique 290l stainless D.C. Fridge-unique 120l portable fridge/freezer 

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Connected directly to the battery means the voltage will go above 24V during charging especially, which would potentially damage the led strips, the minor losses of the supplied switching transformer would be worth using them, in my opinion.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • just starting
    just starting Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    So the controller is rated at 32v so with a 72cell I hit 47 v and no problems yet, I will be switching to 4 60 cell panels so the voltage won't go over 32 ever and there is no supplied transformer with my setup it's all bought separate, the led is fine at 32 v even 36 v it's about constant current constant voltage I'm more worried about under 24 volts, also these are on a LiFePO4 pack so steady voltage between 26-27v
    200ah LiFePO4 24v Electrodacus Sbms40 quad breaker chest freezer to fridge- Samlex PST 1524 - Samlex pst3024  - 1hp shallow well pump-Marey 4.3 GPM on demand waterheater - mama bear Fisher wood burning stove, 30" fridgarair oven ,fridegaire dishwasher  Unique 290l stainless D.C. Fridge-unique 120l portable fridge/freezer