sizing a grid-tied inverter for a PV system

Options
soukaelber
soukaelber Registered Users Posts: 1

i had a question please, i am working on a project about sizing PV system grid-tied , in my project i have to design the system the way that the inverter should shutdown the PV modules when there is a excess of electricity , because in our country it s not allowed to sell the surplus to the grid. at the same time, in bad conditions of the PV system, we need to take electricity from the grid. HELP. plz!

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018 #2
    Options
    There are ways to achieve what it is you require, the use of suitable equipment is the key to how it can be achieved. One example is to use a system which allows grid supported AC coupling, this allows the PV to support loads during the day whilst allowing the grid to take over when the PV is no longer available. Such equipment is programmable to not inject into the grid but able to use grid when required, the size of the array would be dependent on loads, no point in over production when the opportunity to sell dose not exist. Sizing the array would be critical, an inventory of day time loads would be the first step, this can be done with logging equipment 

Some questions, dose the grid utility allow grid tied but will not pay back if injected? Or do they not allow injection?
    Regarding the grid, is it stable? or are there frequent outage?, battery backup can be useful if this is the case.
    Do you have peak billing, when the price is higher during certain hours, or is it a flat rate 24 hours, again batteries could be used to offset peak billing.

Just some ideas/ thoughts to get the ball rolling, so to speak, attached is a file which may shed some light, and Welcome To The Forum 

1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.