xw6048 stuck on qualifying AC after power flicker

grunt
grunt Solar Expert Posts: 37 ✭✭
I have had a xantrex xw6048 with batts and gen back up for a few years now and everything has worked out fine until today. The batteries are getting a bit old 7+ years on AGMs. So when the power went out eventual the generator kicked in at the lo bat cut out and did what it was supposed to do. My problem is that the generator kept running even after the power came back on so I waited for it to spend down but it would not and I gave it a command to do so, which after it did but we are still stuck in qualification of the  AC status. I have never had this problem before in all the years I have owned this system. Right now most of the house runs on a separate line of grid power but I am afraid I might have to go back on gen power for the other reaming load once night gets here. Any thoughts? To make matters worse xantrex tech support is closed right now.

Comments

• Brock
    Brock Solar Expert Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already shut off the grid side supply, wait 30 seconds and turn it back on and see if it can sync.  If that fails I would shut the inverter totally off and turn it back on again.

Can you check the grid side?  Maybe the voltage is out of range or to high or low, its a long shot but worth a check.
    3kw solar PV, 4 LiFePO4 100a, xw 6048, Honda eu2000i, iota DLS-54-13, Tesla 3, Leaf, Volt, 4 ton horizontal geothermal, grid tied - Green Bay, WI
  • Raj174
    Raj174 Solar Expert Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have an inverter bypass switch?
    4480W PV, MNE175DR-TR, MN Classic 150, Outback Radian GS4048A, Mate3, 51.2V 360AH nominal LiFePO4, Kohler Pro 5.2E genset.