CONEXT COMBOX- HOW TO USE IT?

Options
11JAGAN
11JAGAN Solar Expert Posts: 34 ✭✭
hi friends,

I am trying to install the Conext combox for remote monitoring .
i am half done.
it shows all the detail when i connect to LAN.

now i would like to have Remote monitoring through internet.
how to do this ?
one of my friend said that i require 2 Static IP address (one for the COMBOX other for the MODERM )from the internet service provider ,is it true?
or can i do without that 

please help me?
Tagged:

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sadly, I'm no help here, I'm off-grid, and just use the combox in a local network.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• AJ Peacock
    AJ Peacock Registered Users Posts: 6
    Options
    Not familiar with the COMBOX.  Look for any type of DDNS (Dynamic DNS) support. If you have a router between your internet modem and the box, it might support it.  Many home routers support DDNS and map a hostname to the dynamic IP that your provider gives you.  Your router can then send any traffic for that address/port to your COMBOX.

Hope this helps,
    AJ
  • new2PV
    new2PV Solar Expert Posts: 305 ✭✭
    Options
    Go to no.ip.com and register a free account.  Once you have an account create a DNS host name, and do as AJ says.
    XW6848 inverter with 2 X mppt 60 150 CC , with Canadian solar 260Watt panels 2 x 3.5 kw array
  • gbaig
    gbaig Registered Users Posts: 32 ✭✭
    Options
    11JAGAN said:
    hi friends,

I am trying to install the Conext combox for remote monitoring .
    i am half done.
    it shows all the detail when i connect to LAN.

now i would like to have Remote monitoring through internet.
    how to do this ?
    one of my friend said that i require 2 Static IP address (one for the COMBOX other for the MODERM )from the internet service provider ,is it true?
    or can i do without that 

please help me?

you need only one static IP for remote monitoring, here is the link for setting it up from schenider

http://www.schneider-electric.us/sites/us/en/support/faq/faq_main.page?page=content&country=US&lang=en&id=FA226517&viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US&redirect=true

• inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depending on the configuration of your LAN and your gateway router (which may be in the cable, satellite or DSL box if you have broadband internet), you may need to set up port forwarding so that polling traffic initiated outside your LAN can reach the Combox.
    The details for that will vary with each router.
    Normally the static IP address from your provider is assigned to the router and all other devices inside your network will have locally assigned private (non-routable) IP addresses only.

SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.