Chris11
Chris11 Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Comments

• STEWPLATE
    STEWPLATE Registered Users Posts: 11
    Thanks for the heads up, Al
  • STEWPLATE
    If I purchased 4 panels , That mean I get 400 watts of power. so on and so on? Thanks Al
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Note that you are paying $1.29 per watt for these low voltage "battery" panels.
    If you shop around you can get the same amount of power for less money from more common higher voltage "grid tie" panels. But $1.29 per watt is not bad at all for that type of panel.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • STEWPLATE
    From what I see wow air condition will kill ya! Think Im going to evaporater coolers, seems to use a lot less wattage. If i purchased solar panels that comes up to 1,400 watts whats the best inverter should i get and charge regulator?
    Thanks Al
  • Wulfman
    Wulfman Registered Users Posts: 7 ✭✭
    So expensive !
    try this
    http://sunelec.com
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've purchased quite a few panels through Sun Electronics, but Their 12 volt nominal panel runs $1 a watt Minimum Quantity of 8! PLUS shipping! So $1.20 a watt in many places (many states don't charge sales tax on solar) is a pretty good deal!

Though it looks like these Grape panels aren't UL Cert and I recall the Sonali's as being UL cert, but most applications this would be unimportant.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Chris11
    Chris11 Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭
    Photowhit wrote: »
    I've purchased quite a few panels through Sun Electronics, but Their 12 volt nominal panel runs $1 a watt Minimum Quantity of 8! PLUS shipping! So $1.20 a watt in many places (many states don't charge sales tax on solar) is a pretty good deal!

Though it looks like these Grape panels aren't UL Cert and I recall the Sonali's as being UL cert, but most applications this would be unimportant.

I've also experienced the "cheap deals" which turn out to be not so cheap once you have to order their minimum. Not only that, but once you take the "cheap deals" and add freight it ain't so cheap. And that's why I posted about the good deal from Home Depot...no minimum and freight right to your door.