XW standyby mode via combox?

new2PV
new2PV Solar Expert Posts: 305 ✭✭
Hi if using the combox and you put the unit into standby mode, will AC loads be disconnected? How much tare power is lost through the inverter during standby mode if the ac loads stay connected?
XW6848 inverter with 2 X mppt 60 150 CC , with Canadian solar 260Watt panels 2 x 3.5 kw array

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you put the inverter into standby, it basically shuts off all the AC power. Loads still are wired to it, but no power is being produced, and it switches to a low power idle mode.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• new2PV
    mike95490 wrote: »
    When you put the inverter into standby, it basically shuts off all the AC power. Loads still are wired to it, but no power is being produced, and it switches to a low power idle mode.

Well that would suck, if I have no power in the house than I would lose my internet and be unable to turn it back on via combox...I could try to install a APC UTS10BI transfer switch that would transfer over back to grid if needed, but more costs are a factor.
    XW6848 inverter with 2 X mppt 60 150 CC , with Canadian solar 260Watt panels 2 x 3.5 kw array
  • sub3marathonman
    sub3marathonman Solar Expert Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    I'm not 100% certain this is accurate, but it seems I've heard about 25w/hr, or 600wh/day. Which doesn't sound like a huge amount until it is a cloudy day and that gets to be a majority of the PV generation.

Also, I've been told by a Schneider rep when I called about my XW6048 that it is not a good idea to put it into Standby mode. I don't know why, they just said it wasn't a good idea. I was calling because the On/Off switch wasn't working, which even though it is many years old hasn't been used more than a dozen times. So that was a bit disappointing too.
  • new2PV
    Well that sounds like a lot, I would just shut the whole thing down then maybe use a contactor on the GRID input controlled by the combox remote contact. Thanks for your info.