Small RV system load test.

Options
bobby99
bobby99 Registered Users Posts: 4
I was working to resolve a question I had in the Solar Beginners Corner forum, and decided to load test my small RV offgrid system. I have approx. 500W 66V 8A total from panels feeding 45A Tristar MPPT and 400Ah 12V AGM battery bank with 1500W pure sine inverter. I have both controller and inverter fused and connected straight to the battery terminals with 0AWG 100% copper welding cable / wire. I turned on the inverter and ran air conditioner, refrigerator/freezer, and microwave while using a clamp meter to read amps from different cables. The highest amp readings that I measured were 29.54A from the Tristar to batteries, and 162A from batteries to the inverter. Not sure how these numbers compare to similar tests for similar size systems, but I wanted to share these number in case anyone finds this information helpful.

The original issue that I was resolving is related to the speed that the green led on 45A Tristar MPPT flashes at different volts and amps. That thread in Solar Beginners Corner forum can be found here: http://forum.solar-electric.com/forum/solar-electric-power-wind-power-balance-of-system/solar-beginners-corner/338623-mppt-and-inverter-question

Comments