Trying to calculate 20Hr rate of "marine" battery

Options
2twisty
2twisty Solar Expert Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
I have a friend who has asked me to help her "figure out" her solar system. She is using 4 12v "marine" batteries in parallel. I'm trying to figure their 20hr rate. They say "101AH @ 1A"

Do you guys have any way to calculate a 20Hr rating from that?

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2twisty wrote: »
    I have a friend who has asked me to help her "figure out" her solar system. She is using 4 12v "marine" batteries in parallel. I'm trying to figure their 20hr rate. They say "101AH @ 1A"

Do you guys have any way to calculate a 20Hr rating from that?

I plugged it into google to see if a battery actually uses those terms and found questions asked about WalMart's EverStart Marine battery. I would guess what they are trying to suggest is that it will last 101 hours with a 1 amp load or a 100 hour rate of around 100.

For Trojan batteries 20 hour rates run about 10% less than 100 hour rates. In Marine type batteries.

Interstate's group 24 deep cycle marine is 84 AmpHour, but perhaps more of a true deep cycle battery...

Perhaps that info can give you a ball park?

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • 2twisty
    2twisty Solar Expert Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, that gives me an idea, anyway. I'll see if I can dig up anything on those WallyWorld batteries.