Great source for learning about string configurations?

2»

Comments

• Alaska Man
    Alaska Man Solar Expert Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Re: Great source for learning about string configurations?

Very true, best of luck with your installation. It will be great.
  • softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Great source for learning about string configurations?
    Alaska Man wrote: »
    Very true, best of luck with your installation. It will be great.

Thanks....I found a small fab shop that will get me pre-wired and fused combiner boxes for ten strings for $200 total. I have many other things to do.

The insurance adjuster was slow because the other driver had recently let the policy expire via no payment. My liability insurance doesn't pay for damage to my car either. So now I have a minivan with the rear end pushed in about 6". It got much better gas mileage than my Jeep. Jeep really being a summer vehicle with the modified bikini top.

Sometimes life is a tad overbearing. Conquering solar is, quite honestly, about the biggest challenge that I have faced in quite some time. My friend paid $16,000 for a .5 Kw off grid set-up. Yes, you read that right. I am going alone...more or less.
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries