Any local daily solar insolation charts out there?

Options
Photowhit
Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well I'm back home in during this not so sunny Missouri winter. and wanted some idea of what we have experienced during the last week. I have had a couple friends tell me we had some sun Wed and Thurs, but wondered if anyone had a favorite "recent past" weather or solar insolation site?

This is the closest I found.

Weather.com use to have the pervious month but they have changed their site and I can't find it now...
Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
- Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.

Comments

• solarix
    solarix Solar Expert Posts: 713 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Any local daily solar insolation charts out there?

Accuweather.com has an hourly option that gives forecasts for your zipcode of percent cloudiness for two weeks.
  • Photowhit
    Options
    solarix wrote: »
    Accuweather.com has an hourly option that gives forecasts for your zipcode of percent cloudiness for two weeks.

I can't find any info on the actual weather rather than the forecasts. Actually the hourly does go back to the start of today, but not yesterday.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Aguarancher
    Aguarancher Solar Expert Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Options

This is what I use. There is a lot of info there if you hunt around. It took me awhile to find it all, but I’m on the slow side. lol
    http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KJEF/2014/12/28/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar
  • xsnrg
    xsnrg Registered Users Posts: 10
    Options

I will second Weather Underground as a great source for history. I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 that I use for my own history as well as reporting to WU, NWS, etc. I don't have the solar sensor for it, but it is on my wishlist. You should be able to find other weather stations around you that are reporting solar radiation and would have history. for reference: http://www.davisnet.com/weather/products/weather_product.asp?pnum=06450
  • Photowhit
    Options
    This is what I use. There is a lot of info there if you hunt around. It took me awhile to find it all, but I’m on the slow side. lol
    http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KJEF/2014/12/28/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

Thanks, that's what I was looking for, if a little sparse, it gives some idea of the sunny partly cloudy days verse, overcast days.

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd have my Classic lites' networked, so I could see a report...
  • Scalene
    Scalene Solar Expert Posts: 25
    Options

Mr.Solar uses to display those zones..a few years ago, they may have changed their site.
    Always troubleshoot with adequite sunlight.  Hi Ho Hi Ho
    2.3Kw  [10]Enecsys SMI 240-60 Gen1 inverters