1000 Watt pure sine wave inverter

Options
Zakarume
Zakarume Solar Expert Posts: 143 ✭✭
I will keep this simple. I just want to know a good 12v 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter to get. That all i need to know
1460 Watts Solar @24v. 675 AH Battery Bank using 12 6v Trojan T-105. 1 Midnite Classic 150. 1500 Watt 24v Samlex Pure Sine Inverter

Comments

• waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: 1000 Watt pure sine wave inverter
    Zakarume wrote: »
    I will keep this simple. I just want to know a good 12v 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter to get. That all i need to know

"Answer my question then get out of my face"? Hahaha
    http://www.xantrex.com/power-products/power-inverters/prosine.aspx
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

All I need to know is what features you need/want. Do you need a remote control? Do you need adjustable low battery disconnect? Do you need outlets or do you intend to hard wire it into a structure? Do you care if it's UL listed? What sort of surge capacity do you need?

It's really simple... tell me what you need and I will tell you which inverter to get:cool:

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah odd way to ask a question...

You want us to add the needs. Cost, wattage in use, max surge, repairable, weather resistant, hard wireable, display, running wattage....

Xantrex/Prosine 1000, @$630 shipped, 1500watt surge, not very repairable, weather resistant, can be hardwire able or not, different units, displays basic voltage and amps in use, has search mode to save energy when no loads present <2watts,

ExelTech 1100 @$630 shipped, 2200 watt surge and can sustain a higher running wattage at reduced wave form, weather resistant?, hardwire and outlets same unit, no display

Xantrex Prowatt SW1000, $240 shipped, 2000 watt surge, not very weather resistant, outlets only Has had some good reviews at amazon and the slightly larger version here. At this price I would consider disposable, I would not look to repair, display for DC volts and output power.

Prosine does NOT reset after shut down for out of spec, Exeltech does reset, I don't know about the ProWatt. These are all likely good choices, they have high enough high voltage input to likely not be a problem when equalizing flooded batteries. The few cheaper inverters typically have a low high voltage boundary that will shut down inverter when equalizing, or even charging Trojan batteries.

Wired remote available for the Prosine and Exeltech
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Photowhit wrote: »
    Xantrex/Prosine 1000, @$630 shipped, 1500watt surge, not very repairable, weather resistant, can be hardwire able or not, different units, displays basic voltage and amps in use, has search mode to save energy when no loads present <2watts,

ExelTech 1100 @$630 shipped, 2200 watt surge and can sustain a higher running wattage at reduced wave form, weather resistant?, hardwire and outlets same unit, no display

You mention the Prosine is not very repairable... Fair enough. But you didn't mention how repairable the Exeltech is. Exeltech will repair (and often upgrade) any inverter they have ever made for a reasonable flat fee.

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vtmaps wrote: »
    You mention the Prosine is not very repairable... Fair enough. But you didn't mention how repairable the Exeltech is. Exeltech will repair (and often upgrade) any inverter they have ever made for a reasonable flat fee.

Sorry, thanks for bringing that up, I had written this while helping someone generate some Facebook responses for a grant proposal, HERE (shameless plug, good company doing DNA medical compatibility studies so people don't take ineffective drugs) When my IE took a dump, guess I need to figure out how to do the recovery... or not have 6 windows open including 2 face books (so I could have my friends list open).

NAWS just updated their site and they still have posted $100 repair and upgrade... also lost, that I have used both Prosine and Exeltech and have been happy with them, though limited use with 12v version of Prosine and much more with 1800watt 24v version, also have and use a 24v version of the Exeltech, including running an electric chain saw reportedly 12 amps at 120AC... does everyone try and overload this Exeltech inverter?
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • oil pan 4
    oil pan 4 Solar Expert Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you want to get one for less than $400 or $500 try getting a slightly used one off ebay.
    That's where I got mine.

Solar hybrid gasoline generator, 7kw gas, 180 watts of solar, Morningstar 15 amp MPPT, group 31 AGM, 900 watt kisae inverter.

Solar roof top GMC suburban, a normal 3/4 ton suburban with 180 watts of panels on the roof and 10 amp genasun MPPT, 2000w samlex pure sine wave inverter, 12v gast and ARB air compressors.

• bill von novak
    bill von novak Solar Expert Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prosine 1000. Had one for years. Works well.
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prosine 1000. Had one for years. Works well.
    Mine is going on 8 years old, was 2nd hand works awesome and is right now providing the power to send this message. It's on 24/7 in an unheated, uninsulated outbuilding that experiences all the temperatures Nature can throw at us here in Nova Scotia. Very pleased with it. Has earned my respect.