SunPower 327 E-series or 335 / 345 X21 series panels ONLY

BrokerDon
BrokerDon Solar Expert Posts: 36 ✭✭
I want one or two NEW (not refurb or knockoff) SunPower 327 E-series or 335 / 345 X21 series solar panels to replace the 250W Renogy mono panel on my severely rooftop space limited 2001 Winnebago View 24K RV.

Anybody know where I could get these? Preferably somewhere in Southern California but I could also do a road trip anywhere in CA, AZ, UT or CO.

Maybe someone ordering a bunch of panels as part of a large solar system could get one or two extras for "spares" 8-)

Thanks!

Don

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: SunPower 327 E-series or 335 / 345 X21 series panels ONLY

You may have to call SunPower and find local distributors or installers.

1-800-786-7693

Does SunPower even allow their distribution chain so sell "raw" panels? I thought that they only allow system sales (panels+hardware+installation).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • BrokerDon

Also Will these SunPower 327 E-series and 335 / 345 X21 series solar panels work on our Negative Ground RV?

A guy in another solar forum said these SunPower panels require a Positive Ground which obviously our RV isn't configured with.

http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?17825-325-watt-splar-panel-smaller-than-41-quot-x65-quot&p=122328#post122328

Since these SunPower panels would be attached to our fiberglass roof (not directly connected to any part of the Negative Ground coach or chassis) could we use them anyway?

Sorry I'm clueless on Positive Ground panels. "So much to learn Grasshopper"
  • BB.

As far as I know, they still need positive grounding relative to earth ground or they will slowly build up an internal charge which can dramatically reduce their production.

For an RV application, I would recommend avoiding them--Unless you get something from the manufacturer that the panel you would buy is OK'ed for the application.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    BrokerDon wrote: »
    Since these SunPower panels would be attached to our fiberglass roof (not directly connected to any part of the Negative Ground coach or chassis) could we use them anyway?

Sorry I'm clueless on Positive Ground panels. "So much to learn Grasshopper"
    The physical mechanism involved in panels that require positive ground is that a very small fraction of the electrons knocked loose by incoming light will try to drift off toward the backing or substrate of the cells. When they do that they can get trapped and create electric fields that eventually shut down the PV action in the cell.
    If the body of the cell is at a negative voltage (no matter how small) with respect to the frame etc. of the panel, then these electrons are repelled back into the main part of the cell where they belong rather than being attracted to the wrong place.
    The effect is not permanent and can be reversed simply by connecting the panels up with positive ground configuration and leaving the panels out in the sun for awhile.

The fact that your roof is fiberglass will only help in that if you decided to take a very big risk you could have the frames of the panels sitting at the positive panel voltage instead of at actual ground. (Assuming that the CC and battery system was negative ground and that the CC then caused the negative end of the panel string to also be at ground.)
    This would violate all sorts of electrical codes as well as common sense.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    BB. wrote: »
    As far as I know, they still need positive grounding relative to earth ground or they will slowly build up an internal charge which can dramatically reduce their production.
    See post #5. The key is the voltage difference between the panel frames and the individual cells. Earth ground has nothing to do with it.

Now if you could find an MPPT CC whose design included DC isolation between the input and output circuits, that would allow you to ground the positive side of the panel string and still have a negative ground battery and inverter system.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • BB.

Relative to earth ground. ... You do not need an earth ground physical connection but to guarantee you are positive grounded, I would think you need the connection. But that connection could be a electrostatic discharge strap, metal chain, wire rope dragging on ground etc.

A "floating rv chassis" insulated with rubber tires would be less reliable. ... but may be ok. You can get a shock when getting out of a car after driving, but no shock after being parked for a while.

But finding a controller with positive ground panels and negative ground battery bank are not commercially available, that I know of.

-Bill
  • BrokerDon
    Relative to earth ground. ... You do not need an earth ground physical connection but to guarantee you are positive grounded, I would think you need the connection. But that connection could be a electrostatic discharge strap, metal chain, wire rope dragging on ground etc.

A "floating rv chassis" insulated with rubber tires would be less reliable. ... but may be ok. You can get a shock when getting out of a car after driving, but no shock after being parked for a while.

But finding a controller with positive ground panels and negative ground battery bank are not commercially available, that I know of.

-Bill

Thanks for all the AWESOME information. Sounds like the SunPower panels won't work for my RV because of the Positive Ground requirement. Glad I asked since I saw some 327W SunPower E-series panels on Craigslist in San Diego county recently and they are a perfect physical fit for our limited roof space... but obviously incompatible electrically.
  • BB.

You are very welcome--But I really do not know if they REQUIRE positive grounding or not.

Their website used to have lots of interesting information, but nothing now. Google:
    • site:us.sunpower.com positive ground
    At various points, they had talked about eventually making changes to their product.

Just to be clear, the product is very nice--Just may not work will for Off Grid folks (Tony/Icarus has a couple of, now old, 90 Watt panels and he is very happy).

-Bill
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

Bill;

I have a faint memory that the positive grounding was not required; during darkness the built-up charge would bleed off. It only affected operational efficiency, and then by a small percentage. Negative grounding made it worse, so you were better off with none. Worst part is this doesn't apply to all the company's panels just the PG ones. Good for breeding confusion, eh?
  • BB.

OK--Found the (I think) orignal paper from Sunpower about the issues:

http://www.solarweb.net/forosolar/attachments/aspectos-tecnicos/2805d1306844541-duda-paneles-sunpower-spr-300-wht-i-polarization-paper.pdf

And if that link "goes away", hopefully this will remain here:

Attachment not found.

And one of the earlier positive grounding threads:

No series connection?

Again--I do not know if this applies to none, some, or all of Sunpower's present product line. They have been relatively silent on the issue (and I am not in the business--So I have no need to keep up on the subject).

-Bill
  • BrokerDon

PERFECT tip searching for site:us.sunpower.com "positive ground". It got me to SunPower's "Community" support page http://us.sunpower.com/community/#. When I entered "grounding" in this page's Search box I found this July 23, 2014 answer from Karen at SunPower Staff, Bay Area, CA:

Positive grounding

Do Sunpower panels still need to be positively grounded to avoid the surface polarization effect?
    Category: Installation
    July 23, 2014 by LarsSolar Enthusiast Germany in Installation category
    ANSWER THIS QUESTION
    1I have this question too

Answers
    Number one contributor
    Hi Lars,

Great question. The previous generation of SunPower panels required positive grounding; however, in 2011, we replaced it with the E series panel, which can be grounded in either polarity.* Our X series panels can also be grounded in any configuration.

In 2013, we easily passed PVEL’s strenuous test for potential induced degradation, where the maximum voltage (1000V) is applied to ground in both + and - polarities. We had around 20x lower degradation than conventional panels.^

* SUNPOWER SETS NEW WORLD RECORD FOR EFFICIENCY The positive power tolerance rating ensures that the power generated by each panel meets that panel's rating, or up to five percent more – but not less, as is common in the industry. http://newsroom.sunpower.com/index.php?s=20295&item=122576

^ SunPower E20/327 Solar Panels Achieve Lowest Potential Induced Degradation

SunPower Modules Much Less Susceptible To PID than Conventional Modules, As Confirmed By Third-Party Testing http://us.sunpowercorp.com/cs/ContentServer?c=SP_Content_C&relID=137220&pagename=sp_tt%2FSP_Content_C%2Fsub_page_newsroom&cid=1293430274084

July 28, 2014 by SunPower Community Karen SunPower Staff Bay Area, CA

This looks like Positive Grounding wouldn't be an issue if I installed one of SunPower's newer E or X series panels on our RV. Thoughts?
  • BB.

Cool--Now just to remember the 2011 date and E series (and later?) panels--No grounding issues.

Thank you for looking this up Don.

And here is another general article on Potential Induced Degradation and some issues going forward:

http://solarenergy.advanced-energy.com/upload/File/White_Papers/ENG-PID-270-01%20web.pdf

-Bill
  • BrokerDon
    Re: WTB SunPower 327 E-series or 335 / 345 X21 series panels ONLY
    Cool--Now just to remember the 2011 date and E series (and later?) panels--No grounding issues.

Thank you for looking this up Don.

-Bill

OK now that I know one of the SunPower 327 E-series - OR - 335 / 345 X21 series panels will work and they fit PERFECTLY in my very limited unobstructed RV roof space...

Where can I buy one? (yes I only need ONE)

Preferably Southern California but I can also make a road trip in my RV to Northern CA, AZ, CO, NM, OR, UT

Gotta be ONE out there somewhere 8)
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Give up! You will have wasted alot of time and will not have a solar panel. I used them once but never again. If you really need a high wattage to square feet ratio you should use the 240 watt Panasonics formerly Sanyo. 62" x 31". They are nearly as good at panel efficiency as Sunpower. They excel at high temperatures! Getting harder to find them now that Japan is keeping most of them.
    OK now that I know one of the SunPower 327 E-series - OR - 335 / 345 X21 series panels will work and they fit PERFECTLY in my very limited unobstructed RV roof space...

Where can I buy one? (yes I only need ONE)

Preferably Southern California but I can also make a road trip in my RV to Northern CA, AZ, CO, NM, OR, UT

Gotta be ONE out there somewhere 8)
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• BrokerDon
    Give up! You will have wasted alot of time and will not have a solar panel. I used them once but never again. If you really need a high wattage to square feet ratio you should use the 240 watt Panasonics formerly Sanyo. 62" x 31". They are nearly as good at panel efficiency as Sunpower. They excel at high temperatures! Getting harder to find them now that Japan is keeping most of them.

Sorry for my persistence... I'm not much of a quitter. 8)

Thanks for your Panasonics 240S HIT panel recommendation. It definitely has a high wattage to square feet ratio but its power output is about the same as the Renogy 250W mono panel we're currently using so its not worth the cost to upgrade, especially at $400+ cost (vs. $238 for my Renogy 250W panel).

What the SunPower X21-series 335W & 345W, and E-series 327W panels would provide are BOTH 30% more watts AND fit in our 72" x 42" unobstructed roof area.

Since our existing system is providing our minimum daytime power usage and 232Ah battery recharging requirements, we can wait to find a these specific SunPower panels... or wait for a breakthrough in solar efficiency.

In the meantime I'm hoping somebody can get us one of these SunPower panels so we have more power.

Wish me luck!

P.S. I checked out your website. Impressive systems!
  • SolarPowered
    SolarPowered Solar Expert Posts: 626 ✭✭✭
    You may have to call SunPower and find local distributors or installers.

1-800-786-7693

Does SunPower even allow their distribution chain so sell "raw" panels? I thought that they only allow system sales (panels+hardware+installation).

-Bill

No, SunPower does not sell panels individually.
    I've explained to Broker Don that these panels are unreasonable for purchase for such a small scale.
    You will not get warranty, or service for the panels unless installed by a authorized installer and distributor, all of sunpowers inventory goes through sunpowers main office in SanJose and everything is logged.
    You can come across a distributor vendor that could give out their "personal" inventory but then you could be looking at $2 a watt, brand new with no warranty and possibly the serial numbers stripped so they are not logged into sunpowers warranty system.

You can buy them used on ebay for $1 a watt and are roughly 1 to 2 years old, from defaulted PPA lease contracts. That is honestly the best route to go since SunPower won't warranty the panel unless you go through a vendor.

Positive grounding is not in existence with any of the modules made in a july 2011 production date, released for 2012.
  • SolarPowered

If broker Don wants the closest thing to Sunpower, Renogy has been buying lots of the cells. The sales reps claim these are grade A cells, but I find it to be very skeptical, because the sunpower assorted cell RENOGY panels have not made the short list for GT panels. I personally don't recommend these panels, but broker Don Wants the sunpower name and performance so bad this is the closest thing to that.

Secondly I believe due to SUNPOWER owning their name they are moving through litigation to have all these "want to be" panel manufacturers removed from the market place, using their name without authorization, consent.

Attachment not found.
  • BrokerDon
    No, SunPower does not sell panels individually.
    I've explained to Broker Don that these panels are unreasonable for purchase for such a small scale.
    You will not get warranty, or service for the panels unless installed by a authorized installer and distributor, all of sunpowers inventory goes through SunPower's main office in San Jose and everything is logged.
    You can come across a distributor vendor that could give out their "personal" inventory but then you could be looking at $2 a watt, brand new with no warranty and possibly the serial numbers stripped so they are not logged into SunPower's warranty system.

You can buy them used on eBay for $1 a watt and are roughly 1 to 2 years old, from defaulted PPA lease contracts. That is honestly the best route to go since SunPower won't warranty the panel unless you go through a vendor.

Positive grounding is not in existence with any of the modules made in a July 2011 production date, released for 2012.

Thanks! Great info, especially the background on the eBay "defaulted PPA lease contract" panels. I ran across a guy who bought 10 SunPower X21 345W panels off eBay for $1 a watt and another person on Craigslist with E20 327W panels selling for $1.10 a watt and wondered where they might have come from.
  • BrokerDon
    If broker Don wants the closest thing to SunPower, Renogy has been buying lots of the cells. The sales reps claim these are grade A cells, but I find it to be very skeptical, because the SunPower assorted cell RENOGY panels have not made the short list for GT panels. I personally don't recommend these panels, but BrokerDon Wants the SunPower name and performance so bad this is the closest thing to that.

Secondly I believe due to SunPower owning their name they are moving through litigation to have all these "want to be" panel manufacturers removed from the market place, using their name without authorization, consent.

Attachment not found.

Thanks for the Renogy 300W kit suggestion. Unfortunately these don't fit our tiny 42" x 72" unobstructed area of RV's roof

I'm not stuck on the SunPower name... They just happen to have the only panels rated over 325W that fit. The Renogy 250W mono panel that's currently installed on our RV roof does a good job meeting our power requirement, performs per Renogy's advertised specifications, and fits our roof well. However we really want more power which even the 327W SunPower E20 panels product 30% more on paper... and supposedly more in almost always sunny HOT Southern California weather.

Fortunately I've got time and patience to hunt down a SunPower 327W E20 or 345W X1 panel... or wait for another 325+W panel that fits our RV's roof to come onto the market. Wish us luck!
  • SolarPowered

Fortunately I've got time and patience to hunt down a SunPower 327W E20 or 345W X1 panel... or wait for another 325+W panel that fits our RV's roof to come onto the market. Wish us luck!

You are going to need alot of patience. I can tell you from working with sunpower as a consultant and subcontractor, even people internally are not getting these panels. Sure, ones that come defective from the projects department there is a panel floating around that nobody really wants. That just goes to show SunPower holds a tight leash on their products, and every serial number is logged for proof of ownership. I could get you a panel if I wanted to pay sunpower the $2800 up front cost to be an authorized dealer, installer but I could tell you thats not worth it even from my perspective because thats the total profit cost for me to build one residential system at 2.5kWh. Its not worth the time, money or patience.

You could get a used panel, and as long as the original owner verifies the transaction of exchange for new owner you can be warrantied. Problem is under the PPA most banks owned the systems and liquidated them to the contractor dismantling the system. So will verifying ownership and exchange happen? Probably not, very unlikely...
  • BrokerDon
    You are going to need alot of patience. I can tell you from working with SunPower as a consultant and subcontractor, even people internally are not getting these panels. Sure, ones that come defective from the projects department there is a panel floating around that nobody really wants. That just goes to show SunPower holds a tight leash on their products, and every serial number is logged for proof of ownership. I could get you a panel if I wanted to pay SunPower the $2800 up front cost to be an authorized dealer, installer but I could tell you thats not worth it even from my perspective because thats the total profit cost for me to build one residential system at 2.5kWh. Its not worth the time, money or patience.

You could get a used panel, and as long as the original owner verifies the transaction of exchange for new owner you can be warrantied. Problem is under the PPA most banks owned the systems and liquidated them to the contractor dismantling the system. So will verifying ownership and exchange happen? Probably not, very unlikely...

You're right its a long shot... but I can wait. The other option I have is to wait until we get a Tesla which will increase our electrical bill up enough to justify a grid connected solar system at our house. Right now our electric bill runs between $25 (SCE Summer Discount Plan) and $125, averaging only $100 a month for our average (and consistent) 100kW monthly usage. Obviously adding a Tesla will change that... and if we install a SunPower system I'm hoping we'll be able to get a panel for our RV as part of the deal.
  • BB.
    ...averaging only $100 a month for our average (and consistent) 100kW monthly usage. Obviously adding a Tesla will change that...

Are you missing a zero there (1,000 kWH per month)?

-Bill
  • SolarPowered
    You're right its a long shot... but I can wait. The other option I have is to wait until we get a Tesla which will increase our electrical bill up enough to justify a grid connected solar system at our house. Right now our electric bill runs between $25 (SCE Summer Discount Plan) and $125, averaging only $100 a month for our average (and consistent) 100kW monthly usage. Obviously adding a Tesla will change that... and if we install a SunPower system I'm hoping we'll be able to get a panel for our RV as part of the deal.

That logic makes no sense to me.
    Any electric bill over $100 a month is typically within the tier 2 billing structure, that means on average you are paying .17 per watt for your power, prior to the rate going from .22~.25, cost of energy inflation in california rises on average 6% per year, last year however with the shut down of a nuclear plant the rate of inflation increase was roughly 10%, that's also because California outsourced more power than it made last year through arizona.
    Now I install solar for roughly $3.55 per watt, after the fed tax credit it is a controlled value a solar producer makes at .13 cents per watt as investment after tax credit, without tax credit that rate would be .22 per watt, so then it wouldn't be worth it to you, but since the tax credit is at play, you should use full advantage of the credit.

Secondly solar will be property tax exempt until 2016 in california, so on a real estate appraisal the home is worth the added value of the solar system, and its property tax exempt from the county assessor after pulling the permits for the solar.

With the tax credit that would put a return on your investment on or around year 6 (at my build cost), and you should utilize it now because the fed is talking about reducing the fed tax credit from 30% to 10% next year, but the bill hasn't been signed into law yet for that reduction.

When you do decide to get that tesla, you can increase the system size by amending your NEM term agreement, but atleast for now you can utilize the credit and the tax exemptions for what you put in place now.

Believe me, I don't believe in lease, PPA agreements, I'm a hard cash ROI contractor, looking to restructure a home to reduce bills so that last years production numbers to build ratio, exceed the PUC's 110% build rule.
  • BrokerDon

Oops. Sorry about that. Our average usage is 700kW per month.
  • BrokerDon
    That logic makes no sense to me.

Any electric bill over $100 a month is typically within the tier 2 billing structure, that means on average you are paying .17 per watt for your power, prior to the rate going from .22~.25, cost of energy inflation in California rises on average 6% per year, last year however with the shut down of a nuclear plant the rate of inflation increase was roughly 10%, that's also because California outsourced more power than it made last year through Arizona.

Now I install solar for roughly $3.55 per watt, after the fed tax credit it is a controlled value a solar producer makes at .13 cents per watt as investment after tax credit, without tax credit that rate would be .22 per watt, so then it wouldn't be worth it to you, but since the tax credit is at play, you should use full advantage of the credit.

Secondly solar will be property tax exempt until 2016 in California, so on a real estate appraisal the home is worth the added value of the solar system, and its property tax exempt from the county assessor after pulling the permits for the solar.

With the tax credit that would put a return on your investment on or around year 6 (at my build cost), and you should utilize it now because the fed is talking about reducing the fed tax credit from 30% to 10% next year, but the bill hasn't been signed into law yet for that reduction.

When you do decide to get that Tesla, you can increase the system size by amending your NEM term agreement, but at least for now you can utilize the credit and the tax exemptions for what you put in place now.

Believe me, I don't believe in lease, PPA agreements, I'm a hard cash ROI contractor, looking to restructure a home to reduce bills so that last years production numbers to build ratio, exceed the PUC's 110% build rule.

Interesting... but with our electric bill running between $25 (SCE Summer Discount Plan) and $125 and averaging only $100 a month for our average (and consistent) 700kW monthly usage that computes our average cost at .145 cents per watt. When the Summer Discount Plan is in effect our rate is .035 per watt and SCE has super cheap rate plans for EV owners that can lower the per watt cost significantly. When we got estimates 2 years ago for adding solar power to our house based on our current SCE bills it just didn't make sense, especially when factoring in maintenance costs like inverter replacements, the installation would void our 10-year builder's roof warranty (ends in 2016) ... and the installation cost was higher than normal because our roof is all fragile Spanish tile. Also as I remember, the Fed & CA tax credits are based on our CURRENT kWh usage which made sense to wait until AFTER we already had an EV like a Tesla to justify installing a larger system all at once rather than adding onto it later with mismatched panels, inverters, etc. Adding more solar later would almost assuredly cost more per watt than doing it all at once. Bottom line it made sense to wait until after we get an EV... and solar got more competitive.

I may entertain estimates again but the last time our phone number ended up with multiple solar company and home improvement contractors in SoCal triggering MULTIPLE phone calls all day, evenings and weekends even though we're on a Do Not Call List... and the calls haven't let up for 2 years. But that's another topic altogether.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since it appears that timing is involved here, I have not heard anything about a tax credit being reduced "next year" perhaps this is a California State credit?

...but the federal 30% tax credit is only for systems installed until the end of 2016, not sure if it will be continued past that. Likely it depends on the administration in power at that time.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • BB.

The Federal tax credit may be time limited too... If you install the system in 2016, you may only be able to deduct the tax credit on your 2016 taxes... If you have a $10,000 credit and a $5,000 Fed Tax bill (made up numbers), you would only be able to deduct your $5k tax bill for 2016. The other $5k credit may not be good for your 2017 tax bill.

Also, I would be hard pressed to see the price of solar panels+electronics+labor+permit fees going down much more--I believe we are seeing both inflation and a bit of a solar trade war--Which in the US will push prices while wages are static (at best) for 90% of the people out there.

-Bill
  • BrokerDon

Thanks! I agree wholeheartedly. We can use every dollar of the tax credits, even on a large PV system, so no worries there. Definitely planning on making this happen before end of 2016... and maybe early 2016 if the CA solar credit money reappears.
  • SolarPowered
    Photowhit wrote: »
    Since it appears that timing is involved here, I have not heard anything about a tax credit being reduced "next year" perhaps this is a California State credit?

...but the federal 30% tax credit is only for systems installed until the end of 2016, not sure if it will be continued past that. Likely it depends on the administration in power at that time.

No the house of representatives which is majority republican, is having a pissing match with the Obama administration. There have been talks in order to reduce the national debt that the fed tax credit be reduced from 30% to 10%, and to honor it until 2016. This isn't a California thing this is a national thing. All that has to be done is to bring the assembly bill to the table for congress and its a good chance its a done deal, being that we already tarrif chinese panels at 30%, so the tax credit means nothing for chinese importation, and people still buy them, (I.E) renogy panels, trina, etc....... I'm a registered conservative independent (tea party guy), (not republican), but I get the memo's daily. I don't agree because it affects my business model, it effects our economic volatility on energy. Since the scare my business has increased 75% on installation (cost and times of completion) since the fear factor has been put in place.
  • BrokerDon
    edited March 2016 #31
    UPDATE:  About a year ago I found a 327W SunPower E20 panel on Craigslist being sold by a SunPower dealer for $350 ($1.07 per watt).  My wife and I installed it on our 2011 Winnebago View 24K with a Renogy Tracer 40A charge controller connected to two 232Ah 6V Energizer GC2 Premium batteries we bought at Sam's Club and its worked AWESOME !!!  Absolutely ZERO issues with the grounding and definitely a big improvement over the 250W Renogy monocrystalline panel it replaced... especially in filtered sunlight we get in campgrounds.  Amazing part was this 327W panel was actually smaller than the 250W Renogy panel it replaced which left me more room to walk past it on our RV roof.  HIGHLY recommend everytody who owns an RV to find one of the high efficiency SunPower solar panels especially now that they have 345W (21% efficient) and 360W (22.5% efficient) solar panels in the same 41" x 61" footprint.  I'm hoping to find a 345W or 360W panel on Craigslist to replace our 327W panel to make our RV off grid system even better.  8-)