Finally took the plunge !!!

Arkansasoffgrid
Arkansasoffgrid Solar Expert Posts: 117 ✭✭
After about a yr of reading/calculating/planning, we settled on the system below. The PV racking and the ac breaker panel are already mounted. Other than batteries, and wires between combiner & CC and wires between inverter & ac breaker panel is there anything I'm overlooking ? It's a 6hr drive to the site, so I don't need to overlook any missing parts/pieces. Also got a 48v power vent for battery box, which will be 740ah eventually, but will be Sams Club GC2s for now.

http://www.bluepacificsolar.com/off-grid-solar/magnum-4500w-off-grid-kit.html

Module specs are
CS6P-255P
Pm=255w
Voc=37.4vdc
Vpm=30.2vdc
Isc=9.00a
Ipm=8.43a
Series fuse 15a
8-420AH US Battery L-16s, Midnite Classic 150cc, Whiz Bang Jr, Magnum MS4448PAE inverter/charger,  4590w Canadian Solar panels. Honda EU2000i generator.

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Finally took the plunge !!!

Not a bad system, Congratulations!

I might go ahead and add a Whizbang Jr to the mix, It will already make the Classic a better charge controller, and will the Classic will become a better battery monitor.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.