Anyone interested in being interviewed?

rickeolis
rickeolis Solar Expert Posts: 110 ✭✭✭✭
Hi everyone,
I just started a new website where I plan to interview people about going green.
I have a couple of interviews already going, but no one that is doing a full-size complete package grid-tied system that is being rebated by their local power company.
Pictures, stories, and technical details would be the focus.
No name brands, specific locations or full names will be published.
The idea is to chronicle people who made the steps to becoming more energy independent.
No trade of money or goods offered, so please be willing to share your stories for others to see without compensation, it's just a good thing to do!
I don't make anything off of it either.
Later on I plan to interview vendors and large businesses about what they offer too, but the website is designed for those who go out of their way to go green!
Thanks-

-Rick Rutledge-

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Anyone interested in being interviewed?

You may add a link to my site, which has a portion of my solar story on it.
    http://www.mike-burgess.org/PVinfo_1.html
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• rickeolis

That's great Mike,
    I appreciate it. I like the active solar production guage you have!
    I am working on adding yours in and I will send you the link ASAP.
    You can let me know if you're OK with it then-

-Rick-
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

I may be interested. I have a 5.2 KW rated system on my house that went into use in January of this year, including rebates from Southern California Edison.
  • rickeolis

Hi!
    That would be great, I appreciate it. I dd get Mike's in too, but he didn't furnish too much info, he just wanted me to show his own URL and a couple of pic's.
    My job has me busy right now, but if you wouldn't mind waiting a day or so, I'd love to chat with you and setup an interview to post!
    Thanks again-

-Rick Rutledge-

www.goin-green.net
  • SolarJohn
    SolarJohn Solar Expert Posts: 202 ✭✭

Rick,

You can link to my blog, and/or use what I've written about my own experiences. I think you'll appreciate how I've been able to cut my electicity and natural gas use. I hope to cut my gasoline use in the future with an electric car, and charge it (to the extent that I can) with my PV system.

http://solarjohn.blogspot.com

John
  • rickeolis

Hi John,
    You and I think very similarly about the best reasons to go green! I like your website!
    I'm holding out to buy the 2010 Toyota Prius that will allow for plugging in for extra charging. I'd love an electric car too, but I live about 40 miles from work and often need to run errands during lunch and stuff so it's not practical just yet.
    I'm with you in that if I support all my energy and auto needs with solar\wind, I could live on nearly one half of my current money needs. That will keep me away from the polititians and oil tycoons pockets.
    Would you mind if I were to ask a few questions as an interview and also include you website link(s)?
    Thanks-

-Rick-
  • SolarJohn
    SolarJohn Solar Expert Posts: 202 ✭✭

Thanks! I'll be happy to answer your questions and have you link to my blog.

John