Xantrex sw2012 Inverter fault F17 (welded Relay)

My Question is, Is the relay in the inverter, generator, or the A/C unit.
I was running the generator to power my A/C in my trailer the A/C shut off and came back on then it through the fault. The A/C will come on with the inverter mode enabled with or with out gen running. If I disable the inverter mode and just use the generator the charger light lights up but if I turn on the A/C charge light goes off and the A/C will not work, all you hear is a click from the relay. :cry:

Thanks for any help
Joe

Comments

• vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Xantrex sw2012 Inverter fault F17 (welded Relay)
    Joedog11 wrote: »
    If I disable the inverter mode and just use the generator the charger light lights up but if I turn on the A/C charge light goes off and the A/C will not work, all you hear is a click from the relay. :cry:

Sounds like the generator cannot handle the combined load of the air conditioner and the charger. What happens if you connect the air conditioner directly to the generator (with no other connections to the generator)? If your generator can handle the air conditioner alone, then you may need to adjust the settings on the sw2012 with regards to generator capacity.

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • Joedog11
    Joedog11 Registered Users Posts: 24

When I disable the charger and the inverter, Leave the system in the operation mode the a/c will not run with the generator. The generator I was using is a 5000 craftsman surge 6250 one day old just got it. The a/c and the charger was working fine together with the generator till the a/c shut off I reached over and bumped down the temp maybe a little to fast after it shut off. (like with in one sec, needed to get cooled off.) So the xanbus (scp) will monitor basically every thing not just the inverter? When it trips a fault code F17 it could be in the generator or the inverter?

Generator going back to sears, and is the a place in/or around Quartzsite Az. that can work/trouble shoot on Xantrex under warranty?
    Thank you vtmaps
  • Joedog11
    Joedog11 Registered Users Posts: 24

I have this, The relay that welded is in the inverter. So thank you vtmaps. I will have to send it in for warranty work.