Wanna to know about 100 KW power Inverter

Options
Dear,

All
May i introduce myself i am one of solar system integrater and we have to install 70 KW or 100 KW solar power station but we are facing the problem which is system voltage.Normally we have 12V , 24V and 48V system of charge controller and the inveter can't be find to work with that kind of 48V.Therefore, we look forward 70 KW ,96V system inverter or 50KW,48V sytem (Big Inverter).
Please discuss the topic who can handle or experiences that kind of power loading system.

Thanks a lot

AS

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Wanna to know about 100 KW power Inverter

That's a darn big UPS !

If you use a single inverter, at 100% efficiency, and limit DC amps to 300A, you need 333VDC to run from.

And a system this size would normally be 3 phase. I'd be looking at what power companies use at the end of the 800 mile DC high voltage line to convert back to AC
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options

Welcome to the forum AS,

I guess you are in Myanmar--So that will affect what you can get "locally".

You are looking for a pure Off Grid AC inverter system? You can get 48 VDC off grid AC inverters that you can "stack" or connect in parallel to create a single large AC power system.

I believe that Schneider XW, SMA Sunny Island, and Outback can do this... The base AC inverters are in the range of 5kW to 8kW single units. There should be larger units out there, but I am not familiar with the larger AC inverters.

Are you looking for 230 VAC @ 50 Hz or 240 VAC @ 60 Hz, single or three phase, etc...? Will this be a stand alone system, or is it intended to be a UPS (uninterruptable power supply) with AC Mains/Utility for primary power?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

there are large inverters out there, but i would suspect it to be easier if you broke it up into many smaller systems. i'd be more curious as to the intended loads for this as the inverters would only be 1/4 of the problem as the sheer size of the pv arrays and battery banks with associated wiring and fusing would be huge.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options

I wonder if the OP means 100 kW @ 230 VAC (435 Amps) or 100 kW hours capacity (2000 Amp hours @ 48 VDC) or 100 kW PV.

Any way you look at it this is a very large power requirement and off-grid equipment isn't actually suitable to supplying these needs.

As Niel suggested it may be possible (and desirable) to break the loads down into smaller, more manageable portions (with the added benefit of system redundancy). Otherwise you are looking at massive generator size, never mind the PV.
  • asiasolar
    asiasolar Registered Users Posts: 2
    Options

Dear,

Sir,

Thanks a lot for your topics and i like so much this forum because we can discuss whatever wish to know about solar energy, renewable energy as well.

AS

I wonder if the OP means 100 kW @ 230 VAC (435 Amps) or 100 kW hours capacity (2000 Amp hours @ 48 VDC) or 100 kW PV.

Any way you look at it this is a very large power requirement and off-grid equipment isn't actually suitable to supplying these needs.

As Niel suggested it may be possible (and desirable) to break the loads down into smaller, more manageable portions (with the added benefit of system redundancy). Otherwise you are looking at massive generator size, never mind the PV.