Unsafe ground fault

Thomas
Thomas Solar Expert Posts: 291
The Document I read addressed this in a paragraph about breaking connection/[sparks]/and about breaking connection both pos&neg.[Midnite solar being different about that very thing] half of it auto-resets too I think....but yaknow, damn if I haven't been able to find that information twice.[bought one anyway]

I am having a difficulty with MS View software.
1. It will not cumulatively data log after the first graph and I can not find the fie on my computer/or in a compatability mode.
2. It wont go int float charge/ or at least indicate that it is in volts...I think it may have something to do with PWM Duty Cycle %
[I am using a PTC1000 probe and it is working fine.....] the software did tell me that anyway.:roll:
Always troubleshoot with adequate sunlight.  Hi Ho Hi Ho
2.3kW [10] Enecsys SMI-240-60 micro inverters

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Unsafe ground fault

MS-view sw only logs or programs - you can't push a soft key to initiate FLOAT or any mode.

And you can't program/read if the logging half is active. You have to disconnect logging to use the
    programming.

And when in logging, you have to use a Right-click to save the log as a .CSV The native format
    is too compacted to be usable data except by MS. Supposedly, there is a vastly improved version
    coming out early 2014
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Thomas
    Thomas Solar Expert Posts: 291
    Re: Unsafe ground fault

From what I understand there is a local logger with limited non changeable items that get logged by the Tri Star automatically and continuously. When I initiated the program after a week or so of use, I got a history graph worth of data that stopped.....
    this is independent of the logging/state graphs as well as the program/read/write/edit, and can only be accessed with the historical graph new window.
    I finally got the logger to work, it is working in XP SP3 compatibility, I do not know if that is how it started to work, it sometimes takes a while for my files to find their assigned target, and sometimes do not copy,move correctly.
    I still have a 'write' problem with heavy weather, I am using cumulus instead.
    The float with Morningstar is a little different than Xantrex, it has some conditionality outside of set pt. voltage singularly, involves a short history. So I do not think anything is wrong with float, just my GTI! Xantrex use to float all current to GTI, past batteries, Morningstar curbs the volts so I had to turn off float...
    Where is that file.....it is in the instructions and not on my computer....[factory logging,]
    Always troubleshoot with adequate sunlight.  Hi Ho Hi Ho
    2.3kW [10] Enecsys SMI-240-60 micro inverters