sotfware for the design

Options
andersondiaz
andersondiaz Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭
hello,

some free sotfware for the design of a photovoltaic system?

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,457 admin
    Options
    Re: sotfware for the design

What sort of software are you looking for?

Some folks around here find Google Draw to make the single line / mechanical drawings for solar power systems.

I believe there is a product called Sketchup which is nice for 3D drawings... Not sure if it used to be a Google product or not.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • inthejungle
    inthejungle Solar Expert Posts: 91 ✭✭
    Options

When I drew our system I used a free program that is called TinyCad

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tinycad/

I found the download link at source forge, it is really easy to use and and does what all the big and expensive software does for free. Give that a try it should do all that you need it to do.

ITJ
    In Niger, trying to keep a LG FMA 102NAMA fridge(This has the inverter compressor) backed up with solar using a Victron Multi-Plus Inverter/Charger Compact 12v 1600w with a 70a charger built in.I want to back it up for 4-8 hours. I am also running a few O2 cool fans and a few Thin Lite LED's of my batteries for when the grid is down so my kids can sleep.
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    Options
    hello,

some free sotfware for the design of a photovoltaic system?
    Do you mean software for drawing/markup or software to make all the design calculations?
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    Options
    When I drew our system I used a free program that is called TinyCad

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tinycad/

I found the download link at source forge, it is really easy to use and and does what all the big and expensive software does for free. Give that a try it should do all that you need it to do.

ITJ

I don't have any experience with that software but I have my doubts that free software does everything that AutoCAD can do. Some of it, I can believe.
  • NorthGuy
    NorthGuy Solar Expert Posts: 1,913 ✭✭
    Options

I would suggest avoid using software for the design and balance of the system. This will help you get better understanding of interaction of parts, and thus will help you design better system.