Xantrex XW6048 Firmware

Options
keyturbocars
keyturbocars Solar Expert Posts: 375 ✭✭
Where do I check to find what version of firmware I am running with my XW6048?

I hope this isn't too dumb of a question (it's right in front of my nose but I don't see it). I just looked at my inverter and didn't see any reference to firmware revision, but maybe I'm caffeine deficient and overlooked it. I also tried to look through the control panel a little, but I couldn't see any reference to firmware revision. My inverter has a build date of October 20, 2010.

I'm guessing I have an older revision of the firmware (maybe v.5), and I'm not sure what has changed since the latest version 7. I was having some issues with Gen Support, but programming for this might not be any different in the most recent firmware. At this point, I'm just curious. I read some that it opened up the qualification specs on AC2 for generator input, but I don't know if there was anything else significant or worth considering an upgrade. My inclination is: "if it's not broke, then don't fix it". I don't want to brick something as big as the XW6048.

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Xantrex XW6048 Firmware

It's a menu item in the scp - I think. I'll browse it today or tomorrow and see if I can get the menu tree to find it. I know it shows in the Gateway and ComBox. (I think the combox is essential for XW users.)
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    Options

I think this will tell you what each update does.

http://www.sunwize.com/documents/Schneider%20Electric%20XW%20Software%20Release%20Notes.pdf
  • keyturbocars
    Options

Thanks for checking the SCP, Mike. By the way, what's the combox anyway?

Thanks for the link Blackcherry04. That's a useful document. I just saved a copy to my computer. Based on what that document shows, it looks like they started installing version 7 of the firmware on XW6048s built after Aug 17, 2009. Based on that, I'm guessing that my XW6048 with a build date of Oct 20,2010 should have the latest version 7 of the software, but I would be surprised if Xantrex hasn't made any tweaks to the firmware since Aug '09.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

key ..,

This Thread discusses the Context Combox in some detail, FWIW:
    http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?19202-New-SW-and-XW-communication-quot-Conext-ComBox
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • keyturbocars
    Options

Thanks for the info Bill and Vic. Looks like a cool device, although I'm not sure if it would be worth the expense for me.
  • YehoshuaAgapao
    YehoshuaAgapao Solar Expert Posts: 280 ✭✭
    Options

I might want it. The XW-Config just crashes way too much.