differences between outback inverters

Options
upa123
upa123 Registered Users Posts: 17
I have an opportunity to acquire a GFX3648 inverter under some very good terms. My application is completely off grid site. I understand the GFX series inverters have off grid, on grid and grid interactive capability. Is there any reason I should not get this GFX inverter vs a dedicated off grid VFX inverter ? I have read the online manuals and I just want to make sure I am not missing some major disadvantage. Thank you kindly for any advice.

Comments

• stephendv
    stephendv Solar Expert Posts: 1,571 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: differences between outback inverters

I only know of one issue: it expects grid quality input on it's AC input when charging. In other words you'd need an inverter generator like the honda EU if you want to use a generator with it. Normal small gensets typically won't meet the narrow frequency or voltage requirements.
  • upa123
    upa123 Registered Users Posts: 17
    Options
    stephendv wrote: »
    I only know of one issue: it expects grid quality input on it's AC input when charging. In other words you'd need an inverter generator like the honda EU if you want to use a generator with it. Normal small gensets typically won't meet the narrow frequency or voltage requirements.

Ah, perfect thank you. I already own an assortment of gennys including an EU, so I think this may work.
  • gww1
    gww1 Solar Expert Posts: 963 ✭✭
    Options

One other thing. The manual states they can't be wired in parellel with an 240 (dam, can't think of the name) tingamagig that turns 120 volts to 240 volts. The G inverter is what I have and how you want to use it is how I am using it. It just means I will have only 7200 watts and one inverter won't sleep when using low 240 volt power. That will perhaps cause a few extra watts of loss.
    Cheers
    gww
  • verdigo
    verdigo Solar Expert Posts: 428 ✭✭
    Options

Can you use A PSX-240 with one GVFX3648?
  • Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    Options
    verdigo wrote: »
    Can you use A PSX-240 with one GVFX3648?
    Yes, not a problem.