Great Visit with NAWS today. Lee is great people

We stopped off today in FlagStaff, AZ on our way to Cali. We parked the semi out in front of there business. Everyone I met there was very friendly and helpful.

They looked over my solar system plans and verified that I was all good. Lee was very helpful. I have had a lot of help in the forum, but to sit down and talk to them was the best help I have gotten. My plans was great but a over kill and Lee helped me reduce my system and cost. They are very honest people and are there for you. They will not sell you what you dont need. They will explain to you everything.

I would recommend you call them directly to get answers. They can answer them they have the staff to get the correct answer. They dont talk down to you, they are there to help you understand 100% of what you are getting and why you need it.

I have corresponded with Lee over the last 3 weeks and he was very helpful. Then to meet him and get a hands on look at everything was great.

He saved me time and headaches. The forum is helpful but I found it hard to get people to agree on what a system needs. Some stuck on battery, some on panels, etc. So to get a straight answer I went to NAWS and let them work it out. I do thank all who gave me input, especially Cariboocoot.

Once I get my full system up I will post pictures and what I am using in my system the startup to finish products. I will have a growable system.

God Bless. and thanks again Lee from NAWS.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Great Visit with NAWS today. Lee is great people

And let us know what the system penciled out to be... Most of us here have no contact with NAWS (other than the moderators working spam patrol) and we don't get a chance to "coordinate" our design tips.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

Bill , if in the building/installing process something does not work out please let us know as it can be a great learning tool for others.

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've only heard good things about the people at NAWS! When I read you were talking with 3 consultants, I almost posted about a local man who's consultants have him with a 2Kw array and 60Kwh battery bank! Always good to speak with people who know what they are talking about and not just jumping on the 'solar bandwagon'.

From someone who has built a cabin and had to move in quickly, for the solar tax credit, I would suggest not moving anything else into the cabin until you have put in your insulation, and wall treatment. Working with around furniture can be a pain, and drywall is at best messy(if that's the orute your going). Also your floor treatment would be nice to get down before you have furniture to move around.

I was able to do the floor treatment(Pergo), by moving things around, but I still have OSB on the walls. I've moved out and into another building and one of my spring projects will be to put up bead board, wall board, chair rail and finsh out the windows, over the OSB, now 6 years later!
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.