SW 5548 Mosfet Replacement

Options
Hi All,
Anyone help me with replacement mosfet and mosfet thermistor combo values. these are from a sw 5548 unit. couldn't find anything.
Thanks
Attachment not found. Attachment not found.
1.jpg 25.4K
2.jpg 32.2K

Comments

  • NorthGuy
    NorthGuy Solar Expert Posts: 1,913 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: SW 5548 Mosfet Replacement

    I found RFP40N10 at DigiKey, although they don't have it in stock. You can get the data sheet and then buy something else with similar specs.
  • eteke
    eteke Registered Users Posts: 3
    Options
    Re: SW 5548 Mosfet Replacement
    NorthGuy wrote: »
    I found RFP40N10 at DigiKey, although they don't have it in stock. You can get the data sheet and then buy something else with similar specs.

    Thanks, I found the same. I am going to go that way but most difficult one for me is the thermistor. any ideas what are the values or what can I use as replacement.
  • NorthGuy
    NorthGuy Solar Expert Posts: 1,913 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: SW 5548 Mosfet Replacement
    eteke wrote: »
    Thanks, I found the same. I am going to go that way but most difficult one for me is the thermistor. any ideas what are the values or what can I use as replacement.

    Xantrex (Shneider Electric) may be able to tell you. They may even have a replacement.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: SW 5548 Mosfet Replacement
    NorthGuy wrote: »
    Xantrex (Shneider Electric) may be able to tell you. They may even have a replacement.

    Don't get your hopes up. They are not too keen in the customer service department. It's hard enough to get an answer about a new piece of equipment. You will probably find their position on the venerable SW series is "no longer supported". That's if you get an answer at all.
  • simat
    simat Registered Users Posts: 12
    Options
    Re: SW 5548 Mosfet Replacement

    I'm also after the thermistor value, the one on the MOSFET i've removed reads 92k @ 25c - I'll let you know if I manage to work it out.
  • simat
    simat Registered Users Posts: 12
    Options
    Re: SW 5548 Mosfet Replacement

    I think it may be one of these http://http://uk.farnell.com/avx/nb20n00823jba/thermistor-ntc-82k-1206/dp/1672324

    My measurements

    ~82k @ 25c
    8k @ 85c
    4.7k @ 100c

    Apart from a relay board schematic, has anybody any other schematics for the SW series ?

    Regards

    Simon.
  • RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: SW 5548 Mosfet Replacement

    For the MOSFET's, FDP090N10 works well.

    Make sure you minimally change all the H-bridge set driving a particular transformer. The MOSFET's driving 'Papa Bear' transformer have the most parallel MOSFET's and most likely ones to blow. I don't remember the number of parallel MOSFET's but the large transformer has the most in parallel. Just follow the leads off the top of the big transformer.

    Sun Electric in Miami might have a complete MOSFET board available.
  • simat
    simat Registered Users Posts: 12
    Options
    Re: SW 5548 Mosfet Replacement

    I'm going to try PSMN6R5-80PS on the SW3024E (don't use on the SW5548), I'm replacing all the MOSFETs and drivers. Have checked all the drive resistors (some smoked) and the diodes.

    The fault was caused by an insulation breakdown on the output common mode choke L1, causing a short and smoking most of the MOSFETS on the MAMA bear stage, one of the driver chips then went short and the unit wouldn't boot with the MOSFET board installed, had to inject the power supply direct to the CPU board to test as the MOSFET board supplies this voltage from the connected battery. See http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=17577.0

    Simon.
  • simat
    simat Registered Users Posts: 12
    Options
    Re: SW 5548 Mosfet Replacement

    I used 2 pairs of pliers to retrieve the original thermistor, use one pair to hold the mosfet body and the other pair to bend back the metal tab, in my case the thermistor and epoxy just came away from the mosfet tab and body, measured the resistance just to checked it had survived !

    The thermisitor is a surface mount diode type.

    Hope this helps.
  • eteke
    eteke Registered Users Posts: 3
    Options
    Re: SW 5548 Mosfet Replacement

    Thanks for all the input. Great info...

    I have 2 of these 5548s and I just swapped the good boards,-I thought they were good- and made a single unit. until I get the right mosfets etc. now when I turn on this new unit; it trips the PV Ground fault breaker, starts humming, no fans running, everything else looks fine and inverts. anybody has any ideas. what might be the problem.
  • RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: SW 5548 Mosfet Replacement
    eteke wrote: »
    Thanks for all the input. Great info...

    I have 2 of these 5548s and I just swapped the good boards,-I thought they were good- and made a single unit. until I get the right mosfets etc. now when I turn on this new unit; it trips the PV Ground fault breaker, starts humming, no fans running, everything else looks fine and inverts. anybody has any ideas. what might be the problem.

    Sounds like unrelated ground loop connection problem. My guess is because of your negative/grounding wiring the SW5548 is jacking your PV ground up slightly in voltage potential causing PV's ground fault to trip.
  • jiggawatt
    jiggawatt Registered Users Posts: 4
    Options
    I’m having a problem with my trace sw5548 and looking for anyone with experience repairing them, if anyone would be willing to help my email is morejiggawatts@gmail.com would much appriceate it.

    its making 170vac 54hz has artifacts in the sine wave and sounds garbled instead of usual hum its supposed to make.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,523 admin
    Options
    Here is a list of folks that have been known to repair AC inverters... The list has been around for awhile, some folks may no longer be in business:

    https://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/comment/241766#Comment_241766

    Not a recommendation list, I have no knowledge of these folks other than what has been posted.

    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • t00ls
    t00ls Solar Expert Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    Options
    the guys at inverter service center https://inverterservicecenter.com/ in whitehouse TN have a lot of spare parts....you can call and find out

  • t00ls
    t00ls Solar Expert Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    Options
    jiggawatt said:
    I’m having a problem with my trace sw5548 and looking for anyone with experience repairing them, if anyone would be willing to help my email is morejiggawatts@gmail.com would much appriceate it.

    its making 170vac 54hz has artifacts in the sine wave and sounds garbled instead of usual hum its supposed to make.


    can you measure the voltage after it comes out of the coil