wire inverter

conntaxman
conntaxman Solar Expert Posts: 125 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a 48 volt inverter and no papers with it,bought it at an auction.On back plate it says Input 220 output 120 ac.in the pic were it says 120 and the other 120 is that were the two legs of the 220 go? in the 2nd pic you can see the large Black cables,one goes to a switch and the other goes to the pc.board , anyway that is were i connect the batteries to, i think. the other block on the top [says ext battery]that goes to more batteries if used, But i cant see were it ties into the dc48 v on the inside bottom.
Has anyone wired one of these up. It stands about 36 inches tall 18 inches wide 24 inches long.Almost forgot to ask, were do you get the 120 vac to run applainces.
Thanks for the help...JohnAttachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: wire inverter
    conntaxman wrote: »
    were do you get the 120 vac to run applainces.

Your first photo has 120 AC out marked...

Don't know the range/size of the inverter, but those do look like some tiny wires going 'into' the other side...

Does it have a model of manufacturer so you can 'google' it and find some more info?
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    I have a 48 volt inverter and no papers with it,bought it at an auction.On back plate it says Input 220 output 120 ac.in the pic were it says 120 and the other 120 is that were the two legs of the 220 go? in the 2nd pic you can see the large Black cables,one goes to a switch and the other goes to the pc.board , anyway that is were i connect the batteries to, i think. the other block on the top [says ext battery]that goes to more batteries if used, But i cant see were it ties into the dc48 v on the inside bottom.
    Has anyone wired one of these up. It stands about 36 inches tall 18 inches wide 24 inches long.Almost forgot to ask, were do you get the 120 vac to run applainces.
    Thanks for the help...JohnAttachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.

Make and model of the inverter? We can't be much help if we don't know what gear you have.
  • conntaxman
    conntaxman Solar Expert Posts: 125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Photowhit wrote: »
    Your first photo has 120 AC out marked...

Don't know the range/size of the inverter, but those do look like some tiny wires going 'into' the other side...

Does it have a model of manufacturer so you can 'google' it and find some more info?
    The make is "CPP Crucial Power " Model is FT003K3800F1 and Ser. MN0264A . I tried looking them up but could not find anything
    tks
    John
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    The make is "CPP Crucial Power " Model is FT003K3800F1 and Ser. MN0264A . I tried looking them up but could not find anything
    tks
    John

Crucial Power Products is still in operation, but that looks like it is not a current product. Try contacting them.....

I think it is clear that this is a UPS rather than an off-grid inverter/charger, so the internal batteries may not be appropriate for cycle use. Before you try to connect an external battery, you would need detailed specifications.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.