MidNite PV Prewired Combiner MNPV4

TheBackRoads
TheBackRoads Solar Expert Posts: 274 ✭✭
I recently purchased one of MidNite's pre-wired combiner boxes. I must say, pretty awesome and painless if your using MC4 connectors. I'm sure I paid a decent amount for it vs making my own but simplicity/ease of use got me this time.

Take a look at what our host and MidNite have to offer!

DSC03554_1284x720.jpg

DSC03553_1284x720.jpg

DSC03552_1284x720.jpg

DSC03566_1284x720.jpg

I only have 2 strings so I used an open string to connect an existing MC4 cable (furthest right) to my inside connection. For me it was click click click done.... Painless and perfect.

Thanks MidNite and NAWS!

TBR8)

Comments

• vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: MidNite PV Prewired Combiner MNPV4
    I recently purchased one of MidNite's pre-wired combiner boxes. I must say, pretty awesome and painless if your using MC4 connectors. I'm sure I paid a decent amount for it vs making my own but simplicity/ease of use got me this time.

I really like the MC4 connectors. The combiner box you bought is rated to 600 volts and uses fuses.
    My cold weather Voc is less than 100, and I have circuit breakers (150 v) in my Midnite combiner box.

That shows IMO that Midnite knows where the market is, the market is High voltage grid-tied.

I wish Midnite would make a prewired MC4 combiner for us 'less than 150 Voc' folks. If I needed to rebuild my system today, it would be a tough call which way to go. I like the built-in MC4 connectors, but I would rather have breakers.

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • Volvo Farmer
    Volvo Farmer Solar Expert Posts: 209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    vtmaps wrote: »
    like the built-in MC4 connectors, but I would rather have breakers.

--vtMaps

Isn't this just an MNPV6 with MC4 connectors stuck on the bottom? That's a DIN rail in there so it wouldn't be any problem to swap in some 150V breakers. I think most off grid folks would rather build there own one of those, where as a grid tie installer with a couple $15/hr employees might rather let Midnite wire it up.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    vtmaps wrote: »
    I really like the MC4 connectors. The combiner box you bought is rated to 600 volts and uses fuses.
    My cold weather Voc is less than 100, and I have circuit breakers (150 v) in my Midnite combiner box.

That shows IMO that Midnite knows where the market is, the market is High voltage grid-tied.

I wish Midnite would make a prewired MC4 combiner for us 'less than 150 Voc' folks. If I needed to rebuild my system today, it would be a tough call which way to go. I like the built-in MC4 connectors, but I would rather have breakers.

--vtMaps

it isn't that the market is in high voltage, but that it is so easy to encompass the high and low voltage requirements in a single package as to not limit themselves to only the low voltage market. a high voltage combiner will work with lower voltages, but a low voltage combiner will not work with high voltages. costs for both would not be a factor as either would cost close to the same amount of $.
  • TheBackRoads
    TheBackRoads Solar Expert Posts: 274 ✭✭

Would you like a picture with a fuse removed?
  • halfcrazy
    halfcrazy Solar Expert Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Isn't this just an MNPV6 with MC4 connectors stuck on the bottom? That's a DIN rail in there so it wouldn't be any problem to swap in some 150V breakers. I think most off grid folks would rather build there own one of those, where as a grid tie installer with a couple $15/hr employees might rather let Midnite wire it up.

We would absolutely build them with 150 volt or even 300 volt breakers as needed. Please ask your sales person to get ahold of me for low voltage prewired combiners we will take rite care of them..

Ryan