With rebate,Tax Credit,35% off on equipment, my own labor

Options
t12zh
t12zh Solar Expert Posts: 62 ✭✭✭✭
I think i will break even if i:
1) Trade out some work with a local solar buisness man for the discount on equipment.

2) Rebate program from power Co pays $2.00 per watt on equipment and a one time (REC) payment of $2.50 a watt for PV system. and i just now found out i can add on next year with them for more if i need to.

3)Tax Credit $2,000.00.

4)Do the work myself, Solar Man will help.

5)OH and i took a load of scrap metle in to a friend of mine that let me keep it all $2,400.00

Should end up with a system with only a little money out.

Greg
Would there be anything to do different.

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: With rebate,Tax Credit,35% off on equipment, my own labor

some rebates are conditional on "Professional Installation"
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• n3qik
    n3qik Solar Expert Posts: 741 ✭✭
    Options

Plus, I don't thing the 30% from fed is any good at this time.
  • Roderick
    Roderick Solar Expert Posts: 253 ✭✭
    Options

I thought the 30% Federal (capped at $2000 for residential) was good until the end of 2007. You can make the best of it by keeping your system small, let's say, $7-10k.

If you're getting $4.50/watt rebate, on top of that, a small system would be very cost effective.
  • autoxsteve
    autoxsteve Solar Expert Posts: 114 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

fed tax credit (on paper it's worth 2k divide by your tax rate, for example 22%). Presently, it does expire this year.
  • newenergy
    newenergy Solar Expert Posts: 291 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I only know about Cali, but they used to require a licensed contractor, but last summer changed the rules to allow owner/installers to get the rebate.