ProSolar SolarWedge

Does any other racking company have a similar product to the ProSolar SolarWedge?

Thanks,
Philip

Comments

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: ProSolar SolarWedge

Hi Phillip C,

(Installation manual for the SolarWedge:
    http://www.prosolar.com/PDFS/INSTALLpdf/SOLARWEDGE_6ft.pdf )

Well guess that depends upon the word, "similar".

There are similar systems, but this looks like a simple, and perhaps less expensive solution than UniRac, for example.

A lot depends upon the AHJ (inspector), and the dictates for Structural Engineer signoff.

When I did the most recent system, here, looked at ProSolar, but it was more straightforeward to go with UniRac, as they do have some Engineering tools to help calc the structure required for the very windy area of that installation.

Have used UV-rated sealants under L-feet before, and that has held up well, but, some want sealants for support feet, plus a flashing on top of that for weather-tightness. This works great on new construction, but is a pain as a retrofit on an existing roof. YMMV, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • Philip C
    Philip C Solar Expert Posts: 45
    Re: ProSolar SolarWedge

What makes the SolarWedge so unique is that the standoffs are vertical, many other tilt systems are not like this. My roofer wants 8" of clearance to seal with a boot, but the front leg is only 5" tall. It would be nice if I could find another similar system but with slightly taller legs. Currently I'm working with the roofer to compromise :)