Xantrex XW60 CC MPPT any feedback Yet ?

124»

Comments

• tim
    tim Registered Users Posts: 20
    Re: Xantrex XW60 CC MPPT any feedback Yet ?

The stoc may have been high this morning, because i did not use it much yesturday( cloudy ). i'm trying to get my controller fixed , and Solar Guppy is trying to help so direct your sarcasm someplace else.( Newbie here).

Regards
    Tim
  • nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭

Whoooo! no scarcasm just maths, Ill take my questions else where if you dont need answers, new boy ! For petes sake what makes u an expert ?

With your new friend SG Im sure u will sort it, but please remember new SOTA ( state of the art ) equipment will have failure, SG and Tim dont seem to aknowledge this, so go off and polish your perfectly working new biT of kit,, derrr,and dont forget to wake it up :D every morning for the rest of its and your life. Sorry for trying to help PS where was the sarcasm, Numpty

SG sorry to bundle u with him but new production runs new tech new problems

Tim Ive set your alarm just b4 sunrise so u can get up and reset your controller, mate , to recieve 7 kwh or power into your big battery bank,,, thats sarcasm old boy LOL;)
  • crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭
    Niel, CreeZer, BB, boB wesbranch, Mr Vic, all other mates on this forum take a time to look at this...
    Nigel,

I have to admit that I haven't been following this thread for a while. It seemed to me that Henry/SG had stepped up to the plate (to the wicket? ;) ) to use his XW expertise to help Tim sort out the problem(s).

On a related note, I'm very sympathetic to Henry/SG's request for full disclosure on Tim's system configuration and operation. I also have to acknowledge that I can't follow each and every thread, nor do I want to.

More later, perhaps...
    Jim / crewzer
  • tim

output volts 23.3 amps 2.2 watts 51 bulk charging input volts 95.4 amps 2.3 watts 222 temp 10c charge volts 27 still does not start

after reset output bulk charging volt 24.1 amps 13.7 watts 344 input volts 82.8 amps 4.2 watts 352

TIM
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

I'd call Xantrex customer service 800 number and request a replacement unit

Nothing else I can suggest
  • tim

Called Xantrex tech they had me to disconect ,the unit from all power and wait 30 minutes then reconnect the power it did start on its own . Thanks for the help Guppy, Crewzer. As for the 7 kwh going into 510 ah batterys if the self proclaimed idiot had looked at an earlier post he would have seen that most of it was being used. If the moderators want to they can delete my membership and all my posts on this forum.
    Tim
  • nigtomdaw

You list a Xantrex DR non grid tied modified sine wave inverter charger , solar panels and 510 ah battery bank and your having problems with your new XW solar charge controller.So why would anyone assume unless informed otherwise that you were on the grid. It then takes you to your sixth post on this matter b4 you let us know your grid tied also. Plus you only dip into the battery based Solar Setup at your discretion. When the sun is shining, never once thought that it may be useful to let people know that at your choice you have no overnight loads. Trying to help I asked for you to list your overnight loads when the sun wasnt shining and you didnt bother with replying , Im happy to be the self proclaimed idiot in this case, probably suffering from Mushroom Fever

Being Kept in the dark and fed on SH1T.

Anyway glad you XW seems fine now :D
  • tim

Just an update on my xw60 I had to replace it. Xantrex was very helpful in their warranty service, turn around of 8 days pretty fast i think, also had it on for the last 30 days. Have seen a high of 1393 watts with highs over 1200 almost every day. Had about 6 cloudy days for the month but still produced 141 kwh 5.25 kah also had my high output yesturday of 290 ah and 8.24 kwh

Tim
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

Why did you have to replace it?
  • tim

It would not wake its self up in the morning. I had to go to the reset menu to reset it other than that it worked fine

Tim
  • nigtomdaw

Despite our spatts Im really glad you are sorted 8) Its always good to hear a manufacturer standing by there products and as I said previously SOTA products will have teething troubles ,those that seek the latest and the best have to accept this.

Over to boB for the latest and best...:-)

boB Knock Knock !

Ill email my address for a beta unit when your ready no rush:p