I'm ready to get serious about solar.

Options
mikep
mikep Registered Users Posts: 2
I want to build a legal, grid tied, battery back up PV solar generator. I'll pull the permits, make the agreement with UES, buy the appropriate parts and pieces and do 95% of the work. I'll pay a professional for the necessary submittal drawings and equipment lists, occasional guidance, inspection prior to official final and finally, connection to the grid. I'm not new to construction or residential electrical work. I am new to PV solar. Let me know if you're qualified (with License and references). I have a basic drawing and a pretty good idea what I want to do.
Let me know.
Thanks,
mikep

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: I'm ready to get serious about solar.

Mike,

Generally, we do not allow soliciting/advertising on the forum... However, if there is somebody that anyone here wants to recommend, they are welcome to PM you.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If interested, he's from Santa Cruz County, Arizona.
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Often, it's much more cost effective to go with the batteryless Grid Tie, and have a properly sized standby genset for the irregular outages. If you often have week long outages, then the expense of going with battery backup and the reduced efficiencies could make sense.

If you are planning for when the SHTF, battery lifetime is 7-15 years before they need replacement, and your island of light at night will attract "moths".
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,