Solar Guru's please analyze this bid.

Options
Txflyboy
Txflyboy Registered Users Posts: 15
Please tell me what you think of this guys bid. I am supplying the panels which I have purchased previously. He is supplying the inverter and everything else. Also, it's a country place. He should not have to pull any permits or be inspected by any city or code other than the power company. Names have been censored because this is the interwebs.....:blush:

Attachment not found.

Thanks

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Solar Guru's please analyze this bid.

seems ok if i read it rightly, but get more than 1 estimate.

i would tell him you intend to have somebody come to inspect anyway to keep him honest and safe. in fact, do have somebody inspect it to insure your investment is done right.

btw, i moved it up to the opinion area.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Solar Guru's please analyze this bid.

I might add some specifics that are NOT needed to meet code, but you might like, such as lightning protection a DC disconect/breaker between the array and the CC. Also be specific if you would prefer the WEBB system of grounding, which would cost more but soem believe has a longer solid ground.

You might also be money ahead if you approach Heart of Texas (might ask for their connection electrician/inspector) and ask if they have had dealings with this company and any problems and if they had suggestions as to others to get quotes from...
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.