E-Panel / Pre-Wired

Options
Jcrabtree
Jcrabtree Registered Users Posts: 24 ✭✭✭
any opinion on pre-wired setup or should I just invest in the E-panel and build from scratch.

will have: Midnite 150cc / magnum inverter was interested in: Xantrex LinkLITE Dual Battery Monitor for the alarm.

1-2kw system off grid

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: E-Panel / Pre-Wired

I've liked the Midnite e-panels
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jcrabtree wrote: »
    any opinion on pre-wired setup or should I just invest in the E-panel and build from scratch.

MidNite is starting to make some videos to help people put this stuff together if you'd rather save a bit of money... These are rather early videos and a bit rough, but more coming up soon.

Classic mounting to an E-panel
    http://www.midnitesolar.com/video/classic-install/classic-install.php

SPD (lightning arrestor) mounting to an E-panel
    http://www.midnitesolar.com/video/spd-install/spe-install.php

More, and most likely just what you are looking for coming up fairly soon I would think. Check the main page for updates.

boB
  • petertearai
    petertearai Solar Expert Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I looked at the epanel ,but decided to get an enclosure and wire it myself.
    Many hours later and lots of thinking I had my panel done.
    If I was to do it again I would consider the epanel possibly the better and easier option.
    I did however save a bit of money,but not if charging for my time
    2225 wattts pv . Outback 2kw  fxr pure sine inverter . fm80 charge controller . Mate 3. victron battery monitor . 24 volts  in 2 volt Shoto lead carbon extreme batterys. off grid  holiday home 
  • Jcrabtree
    Jcrabtree Registered Users Posts: 24 ✭✭✭
    Options

thx for the video links - hoping they will put more video's out - looking forward to start building my system in the coming weeks.
  • jeffkruse
    jeffkruse Solar Expert Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    Options
    mike90045 wrote: »
    I've liked the Midnite e-panels

+1 with the e-panel.

I am confused with your post. The Midnite e-panel IS pre wired unless I am misunderstanding something.
  • Seven
    Seven Solar Expert Posts: 292 ✭✭
    Options

I imagine he was comparing a prewired Epanel to a blank box, while still calling the blank one an E-panel.
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jeffkruse wrote: »
    +1 with the e-panel.

I am confused with your post. The Midnite e-panel IS pre wired unless I am misunderstanding something.

E-panels can be bought either as a bare panel with the terminal blocks and wires etc, but without the inverter etc. They are all partially put together. Only if the customer wants everything, meaning, charge controller, inverter, completely wired, do we call it a "pre wired system"... Some customers don't want to have to wire everything up and install breakers etc.. They just want to be able to pull it out of a box, hang it on the wall and connect up just the necessary ins and outs to get the system going. (Plug and Play) We do quite a lot of pre-wired systems these days as well as the basic E-panels. Almost a "kit" I suppose you could call the non-pre-wired systems.

boB
  • machineman
    machineman Solar Expert Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    Options

Here's what the E-panel looks like pre-wired plus the wireing I did to attach everything. Its not that complex but nice to have it already come with all the components (block, breakers, etc...).

Off Grid Cabin, 24V 440ah 6V GC battery bank, Xantrex MPPT60-150 CC, Magnum MS4024 inverter-charger, >1200w Solar bank