Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golf cart batteries from Costco.

Default Golf cart batteries from Costco.

The Costco store near me has golfcart batteries for $75. This is $25 cheaper than at any other place I can drive to.

But the batts have no amphour rating listed. Just a cold cranking rating of 100 minutes.

The guy selling them didn't know what an amp hour is.

I'm wondering if these are even deep cycle batteries. Could these be some kind of automotive starting battery in a golf cart battery case?

I'm looking for about 400 AH @ 12V. Four of these would do if they are really deep cycle batts.

Anyone seen these?

Default Re: Golf cart batteries from Costco.

They probably are deep cycle batteries... Try contacting the battery buyer for Costco... Others have contacted the buyers on other products (and batteries) and found them to be pretty forthcoming on who the vendor is and more info about the product.

Obviously, do not confuse these batteries with the Kirkland dual purpose/smaller batteries sold in the car battery racks--Which are not true deep cycle types.

-Bill
    20x BP 4175B panels (replacement) + Xantrex GT 3.3 inverter for 3kW Grid Tied system + Honda eu2000i Inverter/Generator for emergency backup.

You might want to look at this post http://forum.solar-electric.com/show...3717#post43717
    Northern Arizona Wind & Sun Forum & Website Administrator

4. Default Re: Golf cart batteries from Costco.

Where Costco shines is in cost and warranty. Those mean a whole lot more than 'true deep cycle' and other marketing hype. The Costco batteries are pretty much on par with other mid line batteries such as the Trojan T105 or SCS220.

Capacity in lead acid batteries falls in a narrow range of about 22 watt hours per pound and the variance is a very minor issue in practical terms. Very many factors will influence battery capacity by 10% or more and it is best no to use lead acid batteries on the extreme margin so fussing about small differences in battery capacity is not a very productive use of effort IMHO.

My Costco 6v batteries are 220AH each, bought about 10 months ago

The batts I saw at Costco had white cases with red tops, just like U.S. Battery Co.'s 220 Amp hour 6V golf cart batts. But they had no manufacturers label and no Amp hour rating.

The lack of an Amp hour rating is what makes me suspicious. After having some Kirkland tires fly apart I'm not too crazy about the quality of the merchandise at Costco.

The cost of those batteries is good if they are really what they appear to be.

Anyone have or find the charging specs for these 6V costco batteries? I have 8 of them since last September making ~440ah 24V bank. Mine are white with red top and on say GC2 on them. Wondering if I should be more critical with my bulk/absorb/float settings. For discharge I set my low cut-off voltage to 23.5V.

Thanks..
    Off-Grid: E-Panel Magnum MSAE4024 Inverter/Charger, Xantrex CC XW60, 24V 440ah (costco batterys), Evergreen ES Panels (1600w)

goatrock Guest

Thumbs up Re: Golf cart batteries from Costco.

The Costco here in Santa Rosa, Ca. has Marine Deep Cycle batteries for $75.00 plus $15.00 core charge. They are 12 volt, 115 Amp Hour. About 7" Wide, 13" Long, 9.5" High. They were on the rack along with the car batteries. I've searched all over the Internet for storage batteries for my 27 ft. Newport sailboat and this is the best price by far. Plus, Costco has a hard to beat return policy. And no freight charges!! I'm buying 4 of these and 2 205 watt solar panels will be next.

Isn,t that core charge kind of high? I was shoping for some new l-16 and they only wanted to give me 3 bucks core charge. Slarvic

$15 is pretty standard around here (Michigan).