Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanyo mini split AC (inverter/variable speed)

Default Re: Sanyo mini split AC (inverter/variable speed)

Do you have a septic line in your crawl space? Install a trap in it from above, fill the trap with water, then you can install your drain line.
    12 kw Generac, Honda EU3000is, 4.2 kw APC UPS powered either by battery or a Prius. Really.

Can anyone with a Mitsubishi confirm the actual max wattage, in heating and cooling mode? Looking to order one soon and I'm starting to figure out logistics - like if I'll put the one in my most-used room on my UPS panel so I can run it from batteries or Prius (or my larger genset when it is running).
    12 kw Generac, Honda EU3000is, 4.2 kw APC UPS powered either by battery or a Prius. Really.

I would like to know also! FYI the Sanyo 9,000 Btu can easily use 1750 watts in max heat mode. I really do not know anyone who can run that kind of power off batteries, very long! I have 2 freinds who have 96KWH banks and even they run heat pumps only when the sun is out offgrid.
    http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
    "we go where the power lines don't"

Quote Originally Posted by techntrek View Post
    Can anyone with a Mitsubishi confirm the actual max wattage, in heating and cooling mode? Looking to order one soon and I'm starting to figure out logistics - like if I'll put the one in my most-used room on my UPS panel so I can run it from batteries or Prius (or my larger genset when it is running).

Do you have a model (or BTUh) level in mind? My Sanyo 24,000 BTUh units can use 280w to 2.5kw
    depending on the weather.

Check the Power Input spec. (abt 8 lines down).

Because these are inverter units and vary the amount of power being used, every few minutes,
    There won't be any fixed number you can use.
    This winter, when it was pretty cold, my Sanyos were each using 400 to 600w each.. Abt 24 kWh per day.

That certainly was a long read

I have been interested in a 120 Volt Sanyo Split System for years now. I won't have much use for the heat side of it, but it sure does look COOL to me.

This thread has been very enlightening !!

If and when I do it, it will only be for a master bedroom, so it can be used via a GenSet during an extended outage.

Nice thread everyone !!
    Where Ever You Go, There You Are

Well, I took the plunge! My new Mitsubishi 12000 BTU, 23 SEER, mini-split is on the way. The location is all selected and I've ordered a 25' line-set/electrical wire/drain line that should be just the right size for the locations we've planned. My husband called an HVAC guy to do the final inspection, testing, and hook-up for the freon tubing.

FYI for those asking about wattage: The web site where I bought my unit specifies that the heating wattage is 950 and cooling wattage is 930 for the unit I purchased. If you go up to a 17 SEER unit with 24000 BTUs the wattage goes up to 2330 for heating and 2270 for cooling, very similar to XRinger's Sanyo unit.

I'm excited and a little nervous about this installation due to the interesting location we have chosen. Should be an interesting project for sure.

Kelly

Keep in mind that the power specs are average with cycling between different amounts during an hour based on what you program! The average is very useful for grid tie but the peak power is where offgrid folks get mislead. Even running the heat pump in float with full sun there still will be conversion loss from the inverter to add to the load.
    http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
    "we go where the power lines don't"

I'm looking at the 9 and 12 k BTU Mitsu units. I checked the specs online for both of them before posting my question - I just want to get a real-world peak measurement.

Don't be nervous Kelly. They are a dream come true.
    6-180W CETC's., Midnite Solar Classic 200, Exeltech XP-1100E, Victron 24V-350W Inv, Energizer 24V 450aH FLA. Honda EU2000i Tri-Fuel. Victron BMV-602. Meanwell PB-1000-24. In Reserve: 2-180W CETC panels, Rogue MPT-3024, Exeltech XP-1100E

Anyone with peak readings for Dave and me?