Yukita connector compatability

Options
NZRR
NZRR Registered Users Posts: 28 ✭✭
I am preparing to complete an installation using LG 250W modules that have Yukita connectors. In looking at the available Yukita connectors, none of these seem to be compatible with anything else (like MC4 cables). Does anyone have any experience with these modules or connectors?

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Yukita connector compatability

Sorry, first I've heard of them.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

if the connector is not of your liking then maybe email the company and ask them straight up if cutting those connectors off for either a bare wire to be hardwired or a different connector if that would void the warranty on the pvs.
  • NZRR
    NZRR Registered Users Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Options

I have "heard" that these connectors are compatible with the MC4 connectors. I will let you know if that turns out to be true. Thanks.
  • titanwnc
    titanwnc Registered Users Posts: 1
    Options

Multi Contact states that their connectors are not compatible with any other connector on the market. We recommend using the connectors found on the back of the panels. If you are looking for any type of connectors please visit www.titanwnc.com or call 1-888-356-1662 Hope this helps.
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    Options

If it does not say "MC4" on the connector type, then probably not compatible.