EKM metering EKM-25EDS

Options
rsl360
rsl360 Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭
Anyone tried the EKM metering setup to monitor there system? The EKM-25EDS would be the one for most folks in the USA, but I would expect most models from them would be similar. Look at ekmmetering.com if you are not familiar, but I'm really interested in finding someone who has tried this. Looks decent. Similar in many ways to the TED, but not the same.

rsl

Comments

• a0128958
    a0128958 Solar Expert Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: EKM metering EKM-25EDS

I would check for UL Listing - transducer units and current transformers. I didn't see any mention of it while casually looking at the web site.

Best regards,

Bill
  • dsp3930
    dsp3930 Solar Expert Posts: 66 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

They work well so far. I bought two of them (EKM-25EDS-N 120/240v with external solid CTs). The first is on my inverter supply/backfeed 60A line. The second is on my 60A load line to my sub-panel.

I purchased two of them so I could see the actual kwh generation sent both via backfeed to my main panel and load to my sub-panel. I do have to do some simple math to calculate total combined kwh -- as my inverter shuts down and switches to passsthru mode at night. (and draws power from the grid.)
  • rsl360
    rsl360 Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Options

dsp3930, what's involved in reading the EKM's? The specs refer to IEC 62056-21(A mode), which is supposed to be ascii commands, but I've not been able to find a list of the commands anywhere.

rsl
  • dsp3930
    dsp3930 Solar Expert Posts: 66 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have them installed and have their serial to ethernet converter, but have not hooked it up yet. I have been thinking about doing some coding in Perl to extract and read the data stream with some possible exports of the data to MTRG. I have just been sidetracked with outdoor spring planting prep.