XW grid support Minor issue.

Options
885kcdtq
885kcdtq Solar Expert Posts: 27
Have XW4024.
Minor issue is in the display on the controller.
BATTERY: -10.8 Amp 26.8 Volt
LOAD: 212 Watt
AC1 118 volt -410 Watt

When I'm in grid support mode, and the inverter is pulling 10.8 A @26.8 Volts,
I should be seeing less AC1 input than the load wattage. Correct?

Quick math without corrections tells me if load is 212 watts and I'm using 10.8 amps DC, AC1 should be in the ball park of ZERO..

Now this is not the case all the time. It seems to start off in grid support alright with load exceeding AC1 input. It tends to taper off and turn into what I've described above.

I thought it may just be line interference on the comm cable so I have swapped it to a ground shielded CAT 5. (Usually this is a neccessity on the VFD drives I work with. Too much interference.)This had little or no effect on the display readings.

Any input anyone?

Comments

• Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: XW grid support Minor issue.

looks to me the AC1 is supplying the load and charging the battery's ... if you were drawing energy from the battery's I would expect a much lower DC voltage
  • 885kcdtq
    885kcdtq Solar Expert Posts: 27
    Options

Nope.. When charging the batteries it reads positive Amp to batteries. It is showing a negative amp on the batteries so it is drawing from without anything going to loads. It's a head scratcher for me.
    FYI: I am in grid support mode with sell off.
  • chris30559
    chris30559 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Options

Hi,

I know this thread is pretty old, but i have an XW6048 and was having a similar problem,, and wondered if you figured it out. I am also in grid support mode with sell off, and my battery shows -3.8amps, with a -150w load, and my AC1 is 12w? Currently i have nothing even connected to the output of the inverter, and the inverter status is on grid support. So my understanding is that the inverter is NOT inverting. I can't seem to make sense of what is going on, the inverter says 000 across the screen, but sounds like it is inverting.

Any idea, why i would have a Negative load, and a negative battery draw, when there is actualy no loads at all?

Thanks,
    chris
  • Joe_B
    Joe_B Solar Expert Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

First of all, what versions of software are you running? X had some errors in the SCP and made changes about a year ago.
    Also which screen are you looking at? The home screen for the 4024 will only show the draw from the system that the inverter is drawing, to see the overall system draw on the battery (chargers minus the inverter draw) you can look at the system status screen. When my system is in grid support mode and the SCC's are charging, the battery is nominally bouncing around +1 to -1 amps.

This assumes several things, the grid support volts should be set to 31 volts (yep, 31 volts) and the SCC's should be networked to the inverter. When you set the grid support to 31V it tells the system to go into grid support only when the battery bank is at 100%. If you set the GSV to say 24.6 or so, it will stay in grid support until the batteries run down to 24.6 volts.

Another issue with the Xanbus is that the inverter can make changes faster than the bus can keep up so it is really difficult to determine just what is going on in real time.