Anyone looking for Xantrex Prosine 12V 2000W PSW inverter?

AntronX
AntronX Solar Expert Posts: 462 ✭✭
I am thinking about letting mine go. Haven't used it for a while since I am on 24V DC system. It's a refurbished unit I got from sunelec.com years ago. It works good. One little issue with remote display, sometimes the screen displays bunch of junk. I found fix for that by brushing back of it's circuit board. After that it works good.

On other thought, it would be nice to have a section on this forum for members to trade or sell their equipment to other members.

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Anyone looking for Xantrex Prosine 12V 2000W PSW inverter?

we did try such a section once, but nobody used it. as long as you are not doing this for business purposes (ie going into business for yourself or anyone else) it is fine that you post it in the forum. you can put a price on it if you like too, but make the correspondence through pms.
    can you clarify what you meant by this, "I found fix for that by brushing back of it's circuit board."?
    after the sale or if it is just taking too long, please notify either myself or bb to eliminate the thread by pm and give the link to it so we don't need to search for it or get the wrong one if there are more than 1.
  • AntronX

I thought it would be nice to have an alternative to crazy ebay policies and fees. How about a section dedicated to trading used solar or wind components only between members, and to delete anything unrelated. This way there would be no need to clog main forum with sale offers and no need to PM you to delete done deals. They can stay up in that section as evidence that a seller member is honest or not. If you see that someone only posts to sell for profit, they can be banned.

About remote display, it's a weird thing. One day the screen started do display bunch of strange characters instead of numbers. I called Xantrex, they never heard of this issue, told me to buy new remote display. I took back cover off, found bunch of flux dirt around board traces, cleaned it with alcohol and a brush, then brushed IC components leads as I suspected there may be tin whiskers shorting thing. Plugged it in, it worked fine. Some time later appened again although not as bad, only few digits were messed up. Repeated procedure and it works to this day.
  • halfcrazy
    halfcrazy Solar Expert Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

How much? I am starting to assemble my test bed for the Rogue controller got 660 watts of pv and 8 trojan t105s now i need an inverter and some loads.
  • AntronX

Sorry for delay, my DSL connection is down. Asking $600 + shipping to you.