Jensen Pumpjack motor/prime mover

AnthonyH
AnthonyH Registered Users Posts: 18
Hello,

I've searched since spring for a motor for this thing ... I've burnt up quite a few too. A lot of time and money wasted so far.

Pumpjack info:
Jensen Beam Balance Pump Unit - 10A32J24
Maximum Polished Rod Length 3200#
Stroke Length 19.5"/20"
T-Base Weight 850#
Width 29"
Length 112"
Height 81"
Counter Balance Weight 130#
Gear Oil 90 WT. 7 Qts.

Water Well info:
500' depth
405' to water
8" casing to 20'
5" casing to 460'
Steel/PVC casing
5+ GPM flow rate

We are looking for the MOTOR specs/Prime Mover that will drive this unit. The original was removed by previous owners and is missing. I've tried several different motors (1/3 -1 hp) but they all have burnt up either within a minute or two, or after several hours of pumping. The well data (driller report) does not have the equipment listed only the drill and casing data. So, I've been at a loss as to what size (hp) and rpm of the motor I should be looking at as a correct replacement. UGH

I have contacted Jensen already, they referred me to SunPumps, who wants to retro fit the well to solar, I would rather replace the prime mover with an original if possible. Something that is proven.

No electricity out there yet, got my solar panels, components and batteries ready for install on the north parcel, so we run gennys right now for elec ... just need water done first. As this well is on the south parcel and it feeds the property, it used to feed the property ...

Gennys:

100 KW MQ Power WhisperWatt mobile diesel
Honda EU2000i
Honda 4.5 Kw gen/air comp combo

I have the original pulley on the gear box, just no prime mover data.

Another issue all together, the proper direction of the motor? The gear box will rotate in both directions to move the head. And the beam can be moved by hand, we pumped a few gallons this way, boy that was some work.

Thanks,
Anthony

Comments

• AnthonyH
    Re: Jensen Pumpjack motor/prime mover

I will drive to Flagstaff this week, with CASH in hand, for a motor for this beast if ya'll have one.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

You might need to contact Jensen pump for help.

I am not sure why the 3 hp motor failed... The power needed to move just the water (500', 5 GPM, 100% efficiency) is only 0.6 HP

Is there a lot of friction/losses? Are you moving more than 5 GPM (i.e., pump is designed for 1,750 RPM motor and you installed a 3,500 RPM motor and are really pumping 10 GPM)? Perhaps the motor design was an 860 RPM version...

Is the counter weight improper for in-well hardware?

Placing a current meter on the motor and measuring water flow (GPM) may tell you a lot (is the motor drawing more current than it is rated for 100% of the cycle, just part of the cycle, is the voltage drop too much at the pump motor, etc.)...

Also, measure the water pressure at the pump outlet--For centrifugal pumps, placing a restricting valve at the outlet reduces HP requirements. For a Jack Pump (positive displacement) adding a restricting valve at the outlet will increase HP requirements.

About at the limits of my knowledge.... (or even a bit past... :roll:)

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • AnthonyH

Hey Bill,

already contacted Jensen, they referred me to SunPumps ...

haven't tried a 3 hp, looks like the text was cutoff should read 1/3 HP ... sorry

as for proper motor rpm, this is one of the issues, as we do not have any data
    for the required motor rpm/voltage/hp/rotation, etc ...

the balance beam counter weight could be an issue, but it did run for several
    hours (5) on a 1/3 hp motor w/o any issues ... until motor smoked ... :(

Gear Box Spec:

Peak Torq: 10
    Ratio: 29.6 - 1
  • BB.

According the to rough numbers you have supplied (0.61 "raw horse power" for water lift--I would guess that a 1 HP minimum motor would be required to meet your specifications (500' head, 5 GPM). Personally, I probably would tend towards 1.5-2 HP if the electrical drop supports that amount of current (and verify with an AC current meter that the rated current is not exceeded).

Assuming 4" pump bore and 20" stroke...

H*PI*R^2/231cu" per gallon = 20"*3.1416*2"^2/231 cu" per gallon = 1.09 gallons per stroke

5 GPM = ~5 strokes per minute

5 strokes per minute * 29.6 input:output = 148 RPM

Assuming two widely available motor RPM's ... 1,760 vs 860 RPM

1,760 RPM / 148 RPM = 11.9:1 belt reduction ratio
    860 RPM / 148 RPM = 5.8:1 belt reduction ratio

The above are just guesses--but seem self consistent.

Regarding the direction to turn the gear box... Depending on the way the links are set up--you will frequently find that something like 220 degrees (made up number) of the crank rotation moves the 20 inches, and the other 140 degrees moves the 20 inches back... So there can be an additional "leverage" (220 degrees is more shaft rotation than 140 degrees)--So, I would probably set direction to "lift" the water during the 220 degrees as there is less strain on the motor and "slower" motion (less stress due to momentum changes). You can also look at the "leverage" of the belt drive so that the "tension side" is closest to the mounting bases of the motor and gear box.

If, there is no obvious mechanical advantage for either direction--then I would not worry--or use an amp meter and see if you can find which direction produces lower average current draw (if you really are worried).

You can also look at the direction of any bolts that hold pulleys/rotating hardware on... Things that turn clockwise (when facing the bolt head) should have right hand threads. Things that have left hand threads should turn counter clockwise. Following this rule the bolts tend to self tighten--rather than to self loosen). (i.e., car wheels on the right side have right hand nuts to hold them on--older trucks and vehicles would put left hand nuts on the left side of the vehicle).

You also asked about prime movers... Are you looking for gas/diesel power as an option for this guy?

I also see you have been asking around other places regarding this pump--any useful information yet (I guess that would include me too :roll:)?

-Bill

PS: Doing an engineering design dump here--many of these issues are secondary effects and normally most "sane" people would probably not worry about them. ;)
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • BB.

By the way, I cannot figure out what the Torque=10 means... If it is 10 FtLb and 148 RPM is the input rating of the gear box (and all my other assumptions/calculations are sort of correct) then:

10 ftlb * 148 RPM / 5,250 = 0.28 Horse Power

That would seem to be too low of rating to make sense (are there any units/further explanation about "Torque" on the gearbox?).

-Bill
  • AnthonyH

WOW Bill ... just wow ... you gots some serious brain power goin on in yur head :)

tryin to translate your data, so here goes:

1 1/2 - 2 HP motor - I agree
    800 - 900 RPM - I agree

as the other motors I've burnt are under the HP rating you worked out, and the
    RPM ratings were WAY above the numbers you have here ...

So I need a motor ASAP ... tired of hauling in water just for showers and washing dishes ...

Any ideas where to get one with these specs? Grainger doesn't list one in their
    motor selection guide online ...
  • AnthonyH
    BB. wrote: »
    I also see you have been asking around other places regarding this pump--any useful information yet (I guess that would include me too :roll:)?

-Bill

Yup, been searching since spring thaw my friend ... and what I have posted here is a compilation of the data I have found through these sources. Including some oil field forums, as these pumpjacks are more common in that arena than water pumping.
  • AnthonyH
    By the way, I cannot figure out what the Torque=10 means... If it is 10 FtLb and 148 RPM is the input rating of the gear box (and all my other assumptions/calculations are sort of correct) then:

10 ftlb * 148 RPM / 5,250 = 0.28 Horse Power

That would seem to be too low of rating to make sense (are there any units/further explination about "Torque" on the gearbox?).

-Bill

The Peak Torq number is what is stamped on the unit with some other nomenclature ... w/o definition or I would have shared it :)
    Just thought someone who is smarter than I in this field my recognize the data, just trying to supply as much info as I can, as I need water ;)
  • BB.

Thank you for the compliment... Mostly just asking questions and making (not always correct :p) assumptions. I appreciate the information you have supplied--makes it easier to do these back of the envelope calculations.

What is the rating of the electrical drop? 120/208/240/277/xx amp service/60 Hz/1 phase, split phase, 3 phase, etc... Size of the pulley on the gearbox...

Any sort of motor controller / electrical setup already there (i.e., fuse panel, contactor/relays, stop/start switch, etc.)?

-Bill
  • AnthonyH
    Thank you for the compliment... Mostly just asking questions and making (not always correct :p) assumptions. I appreciate the information you have supplied--makes it easier to do these back of the envelope calculations.

What is the rating of the electrical drop? 120/208/240/277/xx amp service/60 Hz/1 phase, split phase, 3 phase, etc... Size of the pulley on the gearbox...

Any sort of motor controller / electrical setup already there (i.e., fuse panel, contactor/relays, stop/start switch, etc.)?

-Bill

Your welcome Bill ... ;) you gots brains ... LOL

electrical drop is a non-issue, as I have 100 kw 3 ph all the way down to 2 kw single ph available through the gennys I have out on the property ... the whisperwatt will run any electrical drop necessary here in the good ole USA ... ;) even has 4 plug-in 120 VAC 30 Amp available in the drop box ....

The pulley on the gear box is approx 18-24", haven't put a tape on it as of yet, hope to get out there this week to get measurements on the gear box pulley, and finish one of the cabins, before the snow starts falling and ruining our hard work ... :grr

There looks to be a float switch attached to one of the tanks (2 2500 gal). It is not connected to anything on the down side by the pumpjack. Just, what looks like a SPST contactor control box which isn't connected. I'm assuming this was for the original setup as a float switch. I followed it back up to the tanks and it is attached to a float in the main tank.
  • BB.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/5N026Here is a 3 phase 1.5 HP 860 RPM from Graingers (made in Brazil):

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1XTK3

Farm duty single phase 2 HP 1,740 RPM from Graingers:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1TMX6

Graingers used to carry 3 phase GE Motors in all sorts of flavors (1-25 HP at 875 RPM)--like this one (old Grainger catalog number 5N026 ):

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/5N026
    Motor,2 HP,Severe

Severe Duty Premium Efficient, 3 Phase Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled Motor, HP 2, RPM 875, Voltage 230/460 V, NEMA Frame 213T, Service Factor 1.15, Frequency 60 Hz, Efficiency 86.5, Mounting Rigid, Bearings Ball, Thermal Protection None, Full Load Amps 7.6/3.8

Brand GENERAL ELECTRIC
    Mfr. Model # 5KS213QPA8JA5D8

Used to be priced around $865 USD...
    Graingers has standard V belt pulleys from 2.65" diameter (for 1 HP and larger motors?)...

5.8:1 -> 2.65"*5.8:1= 15.4" minimum driven pulley (860 RPM motor)
    11.9:1 -> 2.65"*11.9:1= 31.5" minimum driven pulley (1,750 RPM motor)

Lots of assumptions here... (big one was the physics of the pump--assuming 4" bore, 20" stroke, 1 gallon per stroke, operating RPM requirements, etc.)...

Did this have one or two belt drive reduction stages?

-Bill

PS: Fixed GE / Grainger Item number to 5N026 (not --028 )
  • AnthonyH
    Here is a 3 phase 1.5 HP 860 RPM from Graingers (made in Brazil):

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1XTK3

Farm duty single phase 2 HP 1,740 RPM from Graingers:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1TMX6

Graingers used to carry 3 phase GE Motors in all sorts of flavors (1-25 HP at 875 RPM)--like this one (old Grainger catalog number 5N028 ):

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml?from=Search&newSrch=yes&operator=keywordSearch&search_type=itemnum&action=Go!&QueryString=5n026&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

Graingers has standard V belt pulleys from 2.65" diameter (for 1 HP and larger motors?)...

5.8:1 -> 2.65"*5.8:1= 15.4" minimum driven pulley (860 RPM motor)
    11.9:1 -> 2.65"*11.9:1= 31.5" minimum driven pulley (1,750 RPM motor)

Lots of assumptions here... (big one was the physics of the pump--assuming 4" bore, 20" stroke, 1 gallon per stroke, operating RPM requirements, etc.)...

Did this have one or two belt drive reduction stages?

-Bill

YOU make my brain hurt lol ;)
  • BB.

I hope that is in a "good way" :p

By the way, the GE / Grainger link appeared to be tied to my session ID... Try this link instead for the detailed GE Motor Spec.:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/5N026

Anthony, am I confusing you more than I am helping? It is hard to tell from behind a keyboard. :blush:

-Bill

PS: Fixed item number to (--026)
  • dwh
    dwh Solar Expert Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭
    AnthonyH wrote: »
    I have contacted Jensen already, they referred me to SunPumps, who wants to retro fit the well to solar, I would rather replace the prime mover with an original if possible. Something that is proven.

Wow Anthony...looks like you've been posting about this on the net since what...February?

I noticed in one of your posts that you were looking to have the pump serviced - balance, packing and adjustment. I'm wondering if you ever had that done.

In one post, you said, "I've burnt up 1/3 hp, 1/2, 3/4 and 1 HP ... all with variable rpms, rotations and voltages. Purchased through Grainger on my business account."

http://forum.doityourself.com/wells-sump-pumps-septic-sewage-systems/404016-no-water-since-spring-thaw.html

So the question to me is - WHY are the motors burning out? There can be only a few causes - overload, insufficient electrical current, getting wet, ?? You said somewhere that you can hand-crank that pump, so I'm thinking maybe the motor burnout isn't a result of overload...

I mean...it *can't be* rocket science. Looking at the picture of a balance beam pump jack on the Jensen site, there's not much to it:

http://www.jensen-products.com/images/beambal.gif

WHY are the motors burning out?
  • AnthonyH
    dwh wrote: »
    Wow Anthony...looks like you've been posting about this on the net since what...February?

I noticed in one of your posts that you were looking to have the pump serviced - balance, packing and adjustment. I'm wondering if you ever had that done.

In one post, you said, "I've burnt up 1/3 hp, 1/2, 3/4 and 1 HP ... all with variable rpms, rotations and voltages. Purchased through Grainger on my business account."

http://forum.doityourself.com/wells-sump-pumps-septic-sewage-systems/404016-no-water-since-spring-thaw.html

So the question to me is - WHY are the motors burning out? There can be only a few causes - overload, insufficient electrical current, getting wet, ?? You said somewhere that you can hand-crank that pump, so I'm thinking maybe the motor burnout isn't a result of overload...

I mean...it *can't be* rocket science. Looking at the picture of a balance beam pump jack on the Jensen site, there's not much to it:

http://www.jensen-products.com/images/beambal.gif

WHY are the motors burning out?

Yup, posting since early spring when we bought the property. Been getting the run around from several different drillers ever since, either they are too busy with larger projects or don't return phone calls. Very frustrating to say the least. Stuck doing this DIY now.

Pump service - balance, packing and adjustment was posted out of frustration. I wanted this beast running like new and no one responded. Had one company I contacted state they could perform the service but it fell through without any further contact from them.

My guess is the reason the motors were burnt is that they were overloaded. Incorrect size (rpm/hp) required to run this pump jack and lift the water up from this depth.

Exactly, it ain't rocket since my friend. They truly are simple mechanical machines, hence why they have been used for at least a hundred years.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. I could have answered this in one go. :blush:

This thing is a monster designed a long, long time ago. But the design works so why change it? Originally they were run off a 2-3 HP gasoline engine of the "hit-or-miss" variety; big, heavy single cylinder beasts with massive flywheels that rolled over very slowly.

In other words, Bill has the right angle on the problem (as usual!)

I'm not certain of the exact specs for your model, but I believe the speed of the crank (the part that works the beam) is in the neighborhood of about 30 RPM. They work slow, but they work all day. There's no pressure involved; they just physically haul the water (or most often oil) up out of the hole by brute force. Given the reduction of the gearbox, the input speed is probably only around 100-200 RPM - about right for the old-style gas engines.

So you need a 2-3 HP 240VAC single phase motor and about 10:1 more speed reduction.

And you can thank my Dad for taking me to all those antique gas engine association meets when I was a kid. :D
  • AnthonyH
    Given the reduction of the gearbox, the input speed is probably only around 100-200 RPM - about right for the old-style gas engines.

So you need a 2-3 HP 240VAC single phase motor and about 10:1 more speed reduction.

Hey Marc, Thanks for the response.

This 10A32J24 is only about 10 years old. Installed "new" when the well was drilled.

Isn't the gear reduction already done with the 29.6 - 1 gear box on the jack, right?

I have seen some of those old hit-miss engines as well, they did move very slow.

Spotted some of these same type pumpjacks here on the net that have
    just the motor attached via a belt straight to the gearbox. Lots of pictures show
    only the motor and gearbox w/o an additional reducer. Guessing it is done with
    an adjustable pulley on the motor.?

SunPumps website show some pics that have this setup as well.

So, we have narrowed this down to :

2 - 3 HP
    220-240 VAC
    800 - 900 RPM ?

My guess is around a 3 - 4" adjustable pulley for the motor.
  • BB.

If you can find a good source for 800-900 RPM motors--they seem to be getting rare... The older motors (decades old) are so power-inefficient that it is worth converting to a modern motor--even if you have to play with the ratios more.

You could try getting a 1 belt adjustable pulley--and play with it until you get the right flow/pump speed/motor current--then get a fixed multi-belt pulley once you know the size (if you need it).

If the driving pulley diameter is too small--you will probably have belt slippage and flex-heating/wearing (2.65 inch diameter was the minimum I saw in Grainger's with just a quick look through my old catalog).

-Bill

PS: Obviously, playing with the final pump speed (strokes per minute) will give you the ability to reduce motor loads too... Sort of depends on how much water you need... 5 GPM is not a lot--if you need direct flow... However, since you have storage tanks--5GPM x 24 hours per day is 7,200 Gallons per Day--perhaps way more than you normally need.
  • AnthonyH

Hey Bill,

I'm definitely having a hard time locating a motor within these specs. The RPM's are what is killing me. Most that fall within that RPM range are 3 Phase, which means I would have to dedicate my WhisperWatt to pumping water, doesn't make any sense as this thing will run enough electricity for a small sub-division.

The gearbox is already setup for a single v-belt.

As for the daily water required 7,200 gpd is over kill, maybe per month, at our home in the city with all the kids at the house and the sprinklers, showers and pool being filled daily ... :)
  • AnthonyH

Just an old picture before purchasing the property. This is how the original owners setup the pumpjack.
  • BB.

The only other thing (cheap) that I can think of is a stepped Idler Pulley (pulley both large and small diameter v-grooves)...

If you can run the pump at 720 GPD--1/10'th the rating... Then you can look at other solutions. The simplest may be to go back and say... 148 RPM becomes 14.8 RPM (gear box input speed).

Then go look in the motor catalog for 1/3-1/2 HP like a 6K383:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/6K383
    arallel Shaft AC Gearmotor, Nameplate Speed 91 RPM, Input Power 1/2 HP, Gear Ratio 19:1, Voltage @ 60 Hz 115, Overhung Load 325 Pounds, Rotation Reversible, Full Load Torque 320 Inch Pounds, Full Load Current 7.9 Amps, Enclosure Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled, Motor Type Split Phase, Adaptable to Brake 4Z447

Or look at various transmissions that you can mount your motor to...

Trade off RPM and HP for water flow requirements...

-Bill :confused:
  • AnthonyH

Hey Bill,

thanks again for sharing your brain power.

At this point, I'm as frustrated as 15 year old at the prom. Months of research trying to get a motor for this beast have taken its toll. Not counting the money I've dumped into motors.

I gotta get someone out here to get this thing running. Anyone, Someone, Beuller? ... Heck I'll pay someone to do the darn solar conversion at this point. We gotta have water.
  • BB.

Honestly, if you are doing this with gas driven gensets--perhaps you should find an old low speed diesel (Lister or equivalent)...

Otherwise, the lower power motor would place nicer with solar vs the 2+ HP setup... But the overall power usage would be the same (still raising xxx gallons of water 500' per day, one way takes an hour, the other 10 hours)...

-Bill
  • AnthonyH

Anyone wanna earn some CASH ... in exchange for retro fitting this pumpjack to solar?

PM me ... PLEASE

Snowflake/Concho/Taylor/Heber-Overgard/Flagstaff/Payson/Showlow

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
  • Slappy
    Slappy Solar Expert Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

AnthonyH.......would a D.C. motor work if you would like to go solar, the type that people use in EV's that way their would be no conversion losses in the dc -> ac to run an ac motor. DC motor, motor controller/pot box "for speed regulation", and a gear reduction box or pulleys to help relieve the strain on the motor. but the controller/pot box is optional :)..............................................solar panels -> charge controller -> battery bank -> "on/off switch//timer" -> dc motor. ..............just a thought? :D
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    AnthonyH wrote: »
    Hey Marc, Thanks for the response.

This 10A32J24 is only about 10 years old. Installed "new" when the well was drilled.

Isn't the gear reduction already done with the 29.6 - 1 gear box on the jack, right?

I have seen some of those old hit-miss engines as well, they did move very slow.

Spotted some of these same type pumpjacks here on the net that have
    just the motor attached via a belt straight to the gearbox. Lots of pictures show
    only the motor and gearbox w/o an additional reducer. Guessing it is done with
    an adjustable pulley on the motor.?

SunPumps website show some pics that have this setup as well.

So, we have narrowed this down to :

2 - 3 HP
    220-240 VAC
    800 - 900 RPM ?

My guess is around a 3 - 4" adjustable pulley for the motor.

I did say they were originally designed to run off gas engines. :D

There's no pulley on the input shaft now?

As Bill says, finding one of those 'slow' motors is just about impossible these days. Emerson (former employer) used to make motors with gear reduction housings integral to the motor. Other companies probably do as well. But they'd be custom for a specific manufacturer's application, not something you'd pull off the shelf.

The main thing here is the torque to get the mass moving. The counter-balance design means that once things are under way the motor only has to lift the water, not move the whole pump so to speak. Have you measured how much water it pulls per stroke?

You should be able to calculate your reduction (difference in size between drive and driven pulleys) by 'getting a feel' for how fast the pump should go up and down (say, 1 stroke every 5 seconds) and then work the math backwards through the gearbox. You don't need it to pump fast, so slower is better - easier on the motor. If you want to dial in optimum you can put an ammeter on the motor and use the variable pulley, changing the ratio 'upwards' until the current starts to increase (meaning the motor is loaded).

I've no doubt Sun Pumps can fit this with a DC motor run directly off solar panels.

Maybe you should consider using a gasoline engine directly to the pump, since you'd have to fire up a gen anyway. Or is this one of those 'futur solar' projects we all get wrapped up in? :p
  • dwh
    dwh Solar Expert Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭
    I've no doubt Sun Pumps can fit this with a DC motor run directly off solar panels

http://www.sunpumps.com/UploadDocs/UserManuals/SJDB%20Jack%20Pump1.pdf

"DC MOTOR INSTALLATION

If a SunPumps jack retrofit was purchased the correct pulleys, gear-belt, flywheel and bushings will be ready to install.

1. Install the DC motor to the slide rails, however, do not tighten the base bolts to the slide rails firmly at this time.

2. Install the large pulley on the gearbox and tighten.

3. Install the flywheel on the motor and tighten the setscrew. (It is recommended to lubricate the motor shaft with an anti-seize compound before installing the flywheel. This is for ease of removal in the future.)

4. Install the gear belt over the pulleys and align using a taut string or straight edge to the outer edge of the pulleys.

5. Shift the motor as required using the provided adjusting clamps to move the slide motor rails. Check the belt tightness according to the belt manufacturers recommendations. Tighten all bolts between the motor and slide rails and tighten the slide rails to the unit base. CAUTION: Gear-belts should not be tighted as much as v-belts or damage to the belt will occur. The belt should be snug but not tight."

This seems to be sorta what Coot described as the proper motor:

http://www.romanoffindustries.com/catalog_DC_equipment/DC_motor/3hp/720rpm

or maybe

http://www.romanoffindustries.com/catalog_DC_equipment/DC_motor/3hp/1200rpm
  • AnthonyH

Hey all,

Guess what? IT'S RUNNING ... wooohooo

thanks to all who helped work this out ya'll ROCK ...

heading back up to repack the stuffing box this weekend ... that's another story ...

gonna get a 2500 watt inverter and use several (4) T-105's and a few solar panels we got on the property to run this thing w/o the whisperwatt genset ....

Again, THANK YOU for the use of your BRAINS ... much love, maybe buy ya a sweet tea or beer for your efforts ...

Anthony and family ... THANK YOU
  • BB.

Well don't keep us hanging! :D

What was your solution?

-Bill
  • AnthonyH
    Well don't keep us hanging! :D

What was your solution?

-Bill

I'll get them when I head up this week ... all my receipts and such are up north ...

maybe head out your way and buy ya ur drink ... :D