boB
boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
Welcome to this forum, Julie ! :D

boB

Comments

• nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Re: Outback V+A limits

Hi Julie Im sure you will ruffle some collars here I cant think why you didnt roost amonst us earlier ...........................Nigel soon to go on grid ;) hopefully:p
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

nigel,
    many are trying to stay away from the grid and here you are hopefully trying to get on it? what's up or should i say que pasa?
  • nigtomdaw

que basa WHATS UP?

Simple we had the electric company out 2 days ago, he estimated 3 to 5 k $ to bring electric to my land, plus 2k $ for hook up to my house, Im only 75 meters 150 ft from supply.......Ive got a 8k $ battery refit to do in the next five years that will live out me....;).....FLAs Im a champion of them as you know...... but add a house in the country. with mains water as we have plus mains electricity will add at least $30k on the value of my property...........m only going to be around for 10 years or so, as most guess im a man who likes his Vino,,,,,, so I leave a wife and a mature son....paying the electricity bill will be easy monitoring a 2.4 kw array and a 2100ah bb is another matter , Im still in the install bussiness, things are tight but picking up,,, I can release $26 k on my product currently installed at my home to keep things ticking along,,,,

Im sure people like you and bill will standby the on grid off grid cost of Kwh costing,,Im not savvy enough to find out if grid tie is an available option, but being on the grid is the first step.. hope this doesnt dissapoint...Nigel.

I hold stock (products) in OB, MNS and X I love meeting off grid newcommers offering advice and doing installs Im not the cheapest but I install systems that work,I dont advertise its word of mouth, Im lucky I have a Police Pension, i dont need to work I just enjoy the work that I do, thanks to this forum, X, OB and Robin at MNS, Im really looking forward to the new Classic when it surfaces:p

The only down side to going on grid is I was hoping to do a off grid solar wind workshop which I still have a passion for,,,,,,, this passion still may win out ,,, as I crunch the $............and need something todo with my spare time.....maybe MNS and Magnum need a European free base ............. to expand into,,,,, loosing free energy for a monthly bill is a hard pill to swallow but so is generator running costs and repairs, I hate generators with a passion.....

Outback and Xantrex force me to go through dealers and Im not big enough to be a dealer on my own, I service a large proportion of off grid property owners Im a total USA led equipment installer as Ive seen other Euro Offerings that dont make the mark, I havent had a single failure of USA designed built gear and thats the way I want to stay.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

didn't expect a book, but good luck with it as it's what you want and i won't judge you for any of it. i don't think much of generators either, but they serve a needed purpose at times as you know.
    as to only being around 10yrs or so more, now i don't know how you get that. how do you know when your time is up? hey, i'll bet you outlive me, but i wouldn't be around to collect on it.:roll::p the other way around presents problems too for collection.:p:-) planning for a probable future though i can understand, but you don't know when it will be.
    anyway, i'll stop as this is a diversion away from the op.
  • tallgirl
    tallgirl Solar Expert Posts: 413 ✭✭
    nigtomdaw wrote: »
    Hi Julie Im sure you will ruffle some collars here I cant think why you didnt roost amonst us earlier ...........................Nigel soon to go on grid ;) hopefully:p

There wasn't a need when I was still working with Big Blue, and after they invited my gray hairs to seek employment elsewhere, I was too busy getting the new biz going.
  • GreenerPower
    GreenerPower Solar Expert Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Julie, welcome to NAWS forum ... from the dark side of the force.
    GP
  • nigtomdaw

Opps I didnt realise that posting here was a commercial decision,......Im disappointed in that......Julie sell to NAWs not the forum....you might shift more gear if its good enough...........................on the OB forum its OK but plying your trade here is not permitted

NAWS sells gear you dont!!!!! ............................simple as is my love...The back door closes....be honest.................
  • nigtomdaw

The boys from .......X, OB and Trace seem to be up front,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,aka MNS..............so why do you come in under a cloak.............Julie..................but I hope your product is cool
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Introduction Thread for TG...

A couple of points...

Since Julie seems to be well known and loved--I have trimmed this discussion from the other thread "Outback V+A limits" as it was hijacking the original poster's topic (not bad--but it happened).

2nd, one of the ongoing rules for the forum has been no "selling" of product with sigs and posts (on-topic links to products--no matter who suggests it is usually OK--as long as they don't become spam).

I have deleted TG's sig at this time as it was an solicitation for sale.

This rule has been a difficult one for us to moderate and we are discussing exactly what it means (no commercial links, no solicitation, or whatever).

There are no warnings or issues with the thread and the sigs--just ongoing moderation as we (Niel and I) try do do our best.

Carry on!

Sincerely,
    -Bill B. Moderator
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭

No signature? No problem. Just click on tallgirl and select ''visit tallgirl's homepage''. No fuss, no muss. No ruffled feathers.;)

Ralph
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

Sometimes I like to check up on the progress that Julie or Solar Guppy and others have made on her programs.

How about, maybe, a third party program link for Xantrex, OB, Morningstar or whoever's products ? Something that one cannot buy from NAWS or any other dealer/distributor and that does not compete with anything they sell ?

boB
  • GreenerPower
    GreenerPower Solar Expert Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It would be called universal interphase coupler and it won't be available till early 24th century .... where is Jordi :cool:
    GP
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    boB wrote: »
    How about, maybe, a third party program link for Xantrex, OB, Morningstar or whoever's products ? Something that one cannot buy from NAWS or any other dealer/distributor and that does not compete with anything they sell ?

boB

Signature links were tromped on a while back, due mainly to so many new posters using them as a way to get search engine "link bait" to their (far too often) scam solar and (phony) green energy free power junk sites.

You have probably all seen them, they nearly all start out with something like "I just came across this at junksolarcrap.com and wonder what your opinion is"

The catch is that they could care less what your opinion is, what they want is the incoming links from a high visibility site, like this one, so that they rank higher in the search engines.

However, just a couple of days ago I figured out how to have the board censor those known spam links automatically, so we are mostly allowing such links as you describe back in signatures.
  • nigtomdaw

Do I understand W&S that if you have a commercial activity that doesnt impact on W&S income then its OK........ Im half the way around the World but I like most US RE, product and have a line of import....that is OK for me but out of respect for my host I do not tread on its toes.....ever . I thought that if NAWS has a product at fair price at fair shipping then I as a member I had a responsibility to point it out to it out 2 the OP or others. Thats why amongst other things NAWS host this great forum

Im confused, does one rule exist for me and one rule exist for people like Julie who are at the cutting edge. I have no problem if Julie can solicit her goods or boB or Robin or SG with Morning Star with new developments, hey thats why this forum is so good at, we all crave to know such things thats what NAWS has in abundance,the best tech people around who answer your PMS ,,but when a product its released to market then it stops,,,,,, Im not the only installer here but I think NAWS should allow development talk on new product but refrain from allowing them to advertising said new product when its commercially available, aka Julie and let members post fair reviews

Julie should have come here a lot sooner everybody loves a inovator. and possibly made more sales without my triad. I hit this point with my opinion on the Rouge 30 amp MPPT CC it didnt do him any harm;)

Guess Im ranting again as usual:blush:

What Im trying to say is NAWS let developers innovators come here have free press but when it Launches, stock it dump it or have an opinion on it Julie didnt do that so it shouldnt be allowed in her sig...IMHO but that still means that the product doesnt have merit , Im not dishing Julie on the reverse Im asking them him her whatever to tread here earlier.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Nigel,

Us moderators have been having discussions too about sigs and links as to what is OK and what is not (and we have not found agreement/enlightenment yet either ;) ).

I will let Windsun clarify his statement as needed.

The more or less non-commercial nature of the board (or at least, other than NAWS which does fund the board for our use)--makes moderation much easier--when we get spam, it is usually vary obvious.

For things that are on the "edge"--don't worry, we are not holding anything against folks as the defining line is not always clear between us.

I personally "vote" to allow a nice business card like sig (for those so inclined) that is along the lines of a link and a few word description of product/services. And that I would be fairly forgiving with posters that participate and bring value to the community (answers and questions)... But that is just me. :roll:

Yes, that potentially means that NAWS (Northern Arizona Wind and Sun) may have posters here from SAWS (Southern AWS--just making up an example)... :confused: And this is why it gets sticky and the non-commercial tends to dominate the discussion.

Just ignore me... :blush:

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset