Pics of the FM60?

Options
PhilS
PhilS Solar Expert Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
I'm adding 6 panels, thanks to Dave Sparks' inspirational thread about mini-split air conditioners (thanks, Dave, and I mean that in a very good way). DW just IM'd me and it's a hundred degrees outside already at noon, and a steady 76 inside because of that Sanyo.

For the controller, I just received an FM60 from NAWS. I have two MX60s already.

Why is it that on every site I looked, including NAWS ( http://store.solar-electric.com/oupofl60mpso.html ), the FM60 is shown with the added "box" on top, like the FM80?

I wasn't expecting it to have that 'feature' because I'd looked closely at the online manuals (unlike the time I assumed an inverter would be what was described online http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?t=2286 ).

So why do the sites show it looking the same as the FM80? The old pic of an MX60 would be more accurate.

And I certainly am not picking on NAWS... everywhere I looked it was the same. And yeah, this might be more appropriate posted at the Outback forum but I come here daily, and not so much over there.

Did the FM60s originally have that 'top hat' thing, which I assume is for better passive cooling?

Phil

Comments

• n3qik
    n3qik Solar Expert Posts: 741 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Pics of the FM60?

I believe that is a fan for active cooling.
  • PhilS
    PhilS Solar Expert Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
    Options
    n3qik wrote: »
    I believe that is a fan for active cooling.

A second fan in the 'top hat'? I read (here, I think) that the FM60 had an "improved" fan but it appears to be in the same place as the fan on the MX60s but it didn't appear to have any other fans than that.

Phil
  • halfcrazy
    halfcrazy Solar Expert Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Options

the FM80 has a second fan in the "top hat" the FM60 has no top hat it looks like an MX60 so the pics are wrong.
  • nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Options

Because the \fm60 is identical to the MX60 in visual form they feel the need , maybe ob could have added a low cost side sticker with FM on it just a suggestion .

Internal upgrades are hard to focus on and the complicated yet well crafted FM/MX case is hard to add spin IMHO:blush:
  • halfcrazy
    halfcrazy Solar Expert Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Options

Oh I think the engineer that designed the MX/FM case did a bang up job making it better. check it out here www.midnitesolar.com