Just finished my install!

CBHunter
CBHunter Solar Expert Posts: 39
I was back from my cabin last friday, just finished my installation.
Solar panels, controller, batteries, inverter, water pump and complete wiring of the cabin with 110vac. I just wanted to thank you guys for your great help, I really appreciate your advices. Everything works perfectly fine. I can now enjoy a hot shower far away in the woods! I'm sharing a few pictures of the installation of the electrical work and the well pump.
Thanks again!

Comments

• icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Just finished my install!

Congrats,,,

Looks pretty nice,,, enjoy!

T.

PS. what is the white box next to the P-tank that says "martin" on it? Looks like a tiny unvented propane gas heater.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

it does look great. it would be a great place to get away from it all. just kidding.:D anyhow, i'm sure you do get a great deal of satisfaction knowing you did this and it makes you appreciate what you have better.
  • cedarp
    cedarp Registered Users Posts: 9

Congratulations!! Looks nice. Another 3 to4 months maybe I'll be done too.
  • _OS_
    _OS_ Solar Expert Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Very nice! What is running in the pipe buried in the ground in the last picture?

We do not mind more pictures!
  • CBHunter
    CBHunter Solar Expert Posts: 39
    _OS_ wrote: »
    Very nice! What is running in the pipe buried in the ground in the last picture?

We do not mind more pictures!

It's the water line, the well is a 150ft from the cabin. I had the waterline burried 6 feet in the ground. The waterpipe itself and the electric wire are enclosed in a 4 inch plastic tubing. Then it is covered with styrofoam, and then with dirt. This will never freeze! The guy who did the install said it was overkill, but as long as having the machinery there I said to myself, might as well do a good job! Don't want to do it again. This is far in the woods and bringing machinery there took 3 hrs...! The well pump is a Jaccuzzi submersible, running with a 10awg wire all the way to the inverter. You can see the waterline tube in the first picture, in the second one you can see the well when they started digging, the third one is the pump guy with me watching the the progress