Fronius Datalogger

Does anyone have experience getting the Fronius Datalogger Easy Box to communicate using the USB connection built into the box?

I have just installed a system using a Fronius IG+ and Kyocera panels. The system is working just fine, however, I am unable to get the Datalogger to connect to my Windows PC and talk to Fronius' solar.access.

I'm talking to Fronius' tech support but so far "no cigar."

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,433 admin
    Re: Fronius Datalogger

May not be an issue for you--but I had a problem with a USB to Memory writer (GPS Map information)--and the USB port would "time-out" and turn off the power to the USB interface/device--and hose the memory writer/program interface.

To fix, go into Settings/Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/click on "+" next to USB/USB Root Hub (on my XP PC)/Power Management/uncheck "allow computer to turn off this device to save power"/OK... I had to do this to three different "Root Hubs" on my computer.

:confused: Won't hurt, but may not help for you...

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that tomorrow evening as soon as I get back in town!

I spent some time trying various things and when looking at the properties of the Datalogger connection to the USB controller, I noticed that in the Advanced window the check box for the ability to maodify VCB was checked. I removed this checkmark, rebooted, and and restarted the solar.access program and the program connected.

I have no idea what VCB is, or does, but solar.access now works so who cares . . .
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

This doesn't quite answer your question, but my 4KW system has been up and running for about a week now, and I have created a VBScript to communicate with the Fronius Interface Card Easy
    and pull the data. I've also created a set of spreadsheet graphs to display the data nicely. These are both available for everyone's use at: http://theconnectedhome.biz/Solar.html