Flexmax 80 rebulk

I can't get the rebulk setting on my Flexmax 80 to go below 12.4 volts. The book says the default setting is 6 volts, basically disabling it. I would like lower the voltage (or disable it) but can't. Any body else have this problem?

Paul

Comments

• RandomJoe
    RandomJoe Solar Expert Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    Re: Flexmax 80 rebulk

I've never messed with the setting on mine, and it's already at 12.4 - and won't go any lower.

Out of curiosity, why would you want to disable it?
  • colderthan
    colderthan Registered Users Posts: 20

The reason it's not working for me is on a sunny day, once it's gone through it's initial bulk and 2 hour absorb charge (per battery manufactures specs) every time a load kicks on, well pump, power tool ect., it starts a new bulk-2 hour absorb. This can cause the batteries to stay at absorb voltage all day even though I may only be using a few amp hours. The book says the default is suposed to be disable, probably for the above reason.
    Just thought there should be a way to do this.

Thanks for the reply.

Paul
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

A Re-Bulk should not happen unless the battery voltage goes below the set point for some minimum amount of time... at least a minute or more.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

those aren't light loads you are describing even if done for a short duration of time. i would think this is normal for it to want to replace what has been used. i have seen this using my sb50 too and if outback has no way for you to reduce it electronically then the only way that will stop it is to do 1 or both of the following; 1> get a battery bank large enough so as to not allow the voltage to drop that low or 2> don't draw as much power from the batteries.
  • colderthan
    colderthan Registered Users Posts: 20

Ok, you guys got me to thinking (usually not a good thing). I checked the output voltage of the charge controller with a multimeter, it was almost 0.2 volts higher than the output voltage on the status screen. Reset using the Vbatt calibration, now all's well. Should have check this before but thought it would be accurate from the factory.
    Thanks guys.

Paul
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

no problem and glad you found the cause of your frustration.