Bottom module on pallet broken

FL SUN
FL SUN Solar Expert Posts: 94 ✭✭✭✭
Unloaded a pallet of 32 Evergreen 190SL's, and found the bottom panel glazing broken throughout the whole module. A close look revealed the screws used to fasten the shipping corner bracket came loose and indented the glazing. It's obvious this is where the spiderweb occurred.

Since this was found at the jobsite, what am I to do? Was shipped from Sun Electronics from Miami to us in the FL panhandle. We did not do the damage. I'm going to call in the morning and speak to them about it, but it seems like the blame could be conveniently put on me with no recourse. Has this happened before?

Here are some pictures to show what I am dealing with. Also a beginning of the "ground mount" we are doing for one string of the array. The other string will go on the roof of the 2 story building.

Comments

• halfcrazy
    halfcrazy Solar Expert Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Re: Bottom module on pallet broken

I suspect they will ship you another. technically the purchaser is supposed to check the product before accepting. but it happens and i wouldn't suspect any hard times.

And impressive array you are going to have there.
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

Always, without exception, check all the panels before you accept them from the shipper. It takes a while to unstack them, but this is WHY you should do it as your installer.

Hope for the best ... I've always had good dealing with sun ...
  • FL SUN

OK guys, I learned a lesson. I thought about unpacking them for an inspection, but the way they had them stacked and wrapped looked nice and clean with no damage.

Thanks for the responses.
  • halfcrazy
    halfcrazy Solar Expert Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Wel how did you make out did Sun elec take care of you?
  • FL SUN

Hello halfcrazy. Thank you for your interest. Still sitting on the edge of my seat.

Have been speaking with Louis @ Sun Elect, and he has forwarded pics to Evergreen Mfg. as he feels they botched the pallet job. It has not been cleared up as of yet, but I am confident that it will get straightened out soon.

I'll definitely post a follow-up when it does, as an $18,000.00 purchase (in just panels) is nothing to sneeze at.