BP Panel Wiring for 585u

firefly
firefly Solar Expert Posts: 66 ✭✭
Hi All...Can anyone help me find the following, Installation Manual for BP Solar Panels, (array wiring handbook with diagrams). I have been to the NAWS site, but unable to obtain the download. I have just obtained 4 BP 585u panels and would like to check, the existing configuration. My reason for asking is that, originally these panels came from a string of 8, when I tested the open circuit, 6 panels tested at 21+ volts, but two only showed 10+ volts. All panels have diodes, but some configured differently. Would like to figure this out.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: BP Panel Wiring for 585u

Is this the PDF download BP 585 you are looking for?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

bill,
    i think he needs the diode arrangements inside the jbox. the details of that aren't shown on that pdf, unfortunately.
  • firefly
    firefly Solar Expert Posts: 66 ✭✭

Neil/Bill.....This is the link I found http://www.windsun.com/Solar_Panels/Solar_Panel_PDF.htm
    with the wiring manual mentioned, under BP Solar (includes old Solarex), when trying to access the file , it just goes in circles. I was hoping someone might have this file.
  • n3qik
    n3qik Solar Expert Posts: 741 ✭✭

The best Google had to offer
    [URL="miles.frc.ri.cmu.edu:8080/rover-team/zoeDesign/Solar/BP/solinfo.pdf"]miles.frc.ri.cmu.edu:8080/rover-team/zoeDesign/Solar/BP/solinfo.pdf[/URL]
    Look at page 25
  • niel

wow that's some nostalgic stuff in there. page 25 of the pdf has the diodes and i hope ken found what you were looking for.
    ken,
    did you get that on a search? if not i'd be curious how and why you ran across it from cmu? the place is about 3-4 air miles from me, btw. in fact i'm curious why cmu had that at all. they don't have pv, at least that i know of yet, and only had a large solar thermal panel. i'm sure much has changed though as it has been awhile since i had been on the campus. my wife worked there in the history (with joe trotter) and robotics (with randy pausch for those who know of him) departments for some time.
  • n3qik
    n3qik Solar Expert Posts: 741 ✭✭

typed bp 585u.pdf into my best friend ( google.com ) for information.
  • niel

hmm. i may have to dig and see what they're up to over there. i know the campus has expanded with many more buildings and they may be into pv now. it may just be a library reference that they had the info. btw, they also bring us lycos.