Airx question

My airx seems to be charging properly but the led light no longer turns on..in high winds it seems that it does not regulate or brake..need to turn it off in high winds.. have had unit for about four months..this is my second unit my other one lasted only about 5 years. Anyone have the same problem.. thanks

Comments

• ws9876
    ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    Re: Airx question

can you tell us about your experience with the X. What do you really get out of it??? Is the Breeze smaller than your unit.. how much?? Is it assembled in China? Any other models you think are better.?
  • Brianellul
    Brianellul Solar Expert Posts: 95 ✭✭

hecleo50

In high winds (> 35mph), stall mode is automatically activated and the controller will blink the LED two times each second (slow blink) to indicate that it is in stall mode. (extract from the manual)
    Are you sure that you're reaching 35mph? What's the charging current? This should be greater then 15amps for a 24v. If you're Air-X is generating more then 15amps and is not entering stall mode and you're sure that the batteries are not fully charged then I'm afraid that yes, you have something wrong with your machine. On the other hand as long as it's still charging I wouldn't worry to much. The Air-X should still protect itself from overspeeding by using blade flutter (which btw is much noiser!). At least that's what the manual says.... mine is still working.
    One more, if the turbine is still 4 months old, you should still be covered by the waranty.

Regards
    Brian
  • Brianellul
    Brianellul Solar Expert Posts: 95 ✭✭

ws9876

I'll be honest ;)

The air-x is more of a toy than a productive machine. It's rated at 400W by the manufacturer; I'll say it's more a 200+Watt machine instead. Having said all this it does keep my batteries charged when it's windy. The Breeze (I think) is almost identical to the Air-X but the manufacturer was honest and gave the machine a more appropriate power rating.
    One very big drawback of the Air-x is the over speed regulation. Unfortunately, the Air-X stalls in high winds instead of slowing down! That all waste of power.

Regards
    Brian