Flojet pumps

gpigeon
gpigeon Registered Users Posts: 34 ✭✭✭
Have any of you guys had experience with Flojet pumps? There are lots of posts re Shurflo & Conergy pumps but very little on the Flojet units. I am particularly interested in the Flojet D3135-V7011 unit. This is a 12VDC - 100psi max pressure supposedly rated for continuous duty.
Regards.
Bill W.

Comments

• System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Re: Flojet pumps

I have had the opportunity to use the 12v Flojet pump and had good success for home use. I had to change to another larger unit when I added livestock which required much more daily demand.
    The flojet performed flawlessly and with it being a diaphraghm pump it handled my sometimes (not often) dry running when the wll didn't kick in to fill my tank. I believe you will have good success using it.
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

We have had limited experience with them. We sold them for a while a few years ago, but they seemed to overlap what Shurflo had available for the most part. Since (at least at that time) we were getting a much better price on Shurflo we dropped the Flojet back in 2002 or so.
  • gpigeon
    gpigeon Registered Users Posts: 34 ✭✭✭

Thanks for your input Bruce! What pump did you opt for after the Flojet? I installed 2x Conergy 1304 slowpumps last year but one has failed already. I am currently "negotiating" with the Australian Conergy re-seller but unbelievably they don't stock spare parts in Australia!
    I find it hard to believe that no one supplies a surface pump that is rated for continuous duty with a TDH of 45+ metres (say 150 feet) and will handle the odd solid particle in the water.
    Shurflo and flojet have a good simple reliable pump head (diaphragm system) but neither are recommended for long term continuous duty. They suffer from overheating and short brush life. On the other hand, the Conergy slow pumps will run long term but will not tolerate a few solids in the water.
    I am actually considering mounting a flojet pump head (rated TDH 100psi = 700 kPa = 70m = 230 ft)onto a Conergy motor in order to satisfy my requirements.
    Have any of you done this? Any comments?
    Regards.
    Bill W.