Quick Mount PV experience?

I am considering using http://www.quickmountpv.com/ for my shingled garage roof (detached, uninsulated), Seems like a pretty easy mount I could use with a unirac or some other racking.

Does anyone have any experience with quickmountpv? Or anything similar?

I'm just mounting 1 or 2 panels, and I have easy access to the inside of the roof.

Thanks!

Comments

• lukey
    lukey Registered Users Posts: 21
    Re: Quick Mount PV experience?

Never used them before on an installation. Looks pretty straight up and easy though? Have you ever heard of a racking system called K2? There is a company in NJ that has something similar to the quick mount.

Al
  • newenergy
    newenergy Solar Expert Posts: 291 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't used them, but I've seen them and talked to their guys at a trade show. They seem good to me and I'll try them in the future. The main thing though is they keep you from having to cut the shingles for the flashing so they should save a lot of time.
  • JDR*energy
    JDR*energy Solar Expert Posts: 30

Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to see if I can find a distributer for the Quick Mount PV and get some prices (doesn't look like you can buy direct).

Thanks Lukey for the K2 info... I never heard of them. They have prices on their website (Krannich Solar ) that look really reasonable. Looks like a good product too.
  • newenergy
    newenergy Solar Expert Posts: 291 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

AEE Solar www.aeesolar.com carries them
  • JDR*energy
    JDR*energy Solar Expert Posts: 30
    newenergy wrote: »
    AEE Solar www.aeesolar.com carries them

Thanks! Very nice reference catalog they have.. They sure make it look easy to setup your own "RE" store with their wholesale business model. Interesting!